Mailing List Archive

Migrating Proxmox 5 to 6 : Fail for upgrading linstor
Dear all,

After upgrading my Proxmox 5 to Proxmox 6 with success, I want to
upgrade linsotr to the last version but after upgrading linstor/drbd
fail to work...

I have updating my proxmox 5 with instructions on Proxmox wiki, after
succesfully migrating my cluster (everythink work great and DRBD to), I
have those version on my servers (from Proxmox 5 repo) :

drbd-dkms 9.0.24-1
drbd-utils 9.12.2-1
linstor-client 1.3.0-1
linstor-common 1.6.1-1
linstor-controller 1.6.1-1
linstor-proxmox 4.1.2-1
linstor-satellite 1.6.1-1

I have upgrading of my sourcelist for linbit proxmox 6 repo, make update
and upgrade with those versions :

drbd-dkms 9.0.24-1
drbd-utils 9.13.1-1
linstor-client 1.3.0-1
linstor-common 1.8.0-1
linstor-controller 1.8.0-1
linstor-proxmox 5.1.3-1

linstor-satellite 1.8.0-1

After reboot, DRBD is really loaded :

root@dxxxx:~# cat /proc/drbd
version: 9.0.24-1 (api:2/proto:86-117)
GIT-hash: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx build by root@xxxxx, 2020-09-04 12:41:07
Transports (api:16):

But drbdadm (and proxmox WebGui/CLI) fail to access DRBD volume :

root@xxxxx:~# drbdadm status
# No currently configured DRBD found.

I think it's a problem with the migration and file's format definition
for ressource, but i'm not sure, and i don't won't to brake anything "more".

Have you an idea for my problem and what can make for solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Sebastien.

Re: Migrating Proxmox 5 to 6 : Fail for upgrading linstor [ In reply to ]
Hi,

first, please do not hijack other threads.

On Fri, Sep 04, 2020 at 02:32:38PM +0200, S?bastien CHATEAU-DUTIER wrote:
> I have updating my proxmox 5 with instructions on Proxmox wiki, after
> succesfully migrating my cluster (everythink work great and DRBD to), I have
> those version on my servers (from Proxmox 5 repo) :
>
> linstor-proxmox 4.1.2-1
>
> I have upgrading of my sourcelist for linbit proxmox 6 repo, make update and
> upgrade with those versions :
>
> linstor-proxmox 5.1.3-1

Did you also follow the instructions here?:
https://www.linbit.com/drbd-user-guide/linstor-guide-1_0-en/#s-proxmox-ls-upgrades

> After reboot, DRBD is really loaded :
>
> root@dxxxx:~# cat /proc/drbd
> version: 9.0.24-1 (api:2/proto:86-117)
> GIT-hash: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx build by root@xxxxx, 2020-09-04 12:41:07
> Transports (api:16):
>
> But drbdadm (and proxmox WebGui/CLI) fail to access DRBD volume :
>
> root@xxxxx:~# drbdadm status
> # No currently configured DRBD found.

This is the real problem. Besides changes how the plugin handles its
configuration LINSTOR itself does not care about any plugin
configuration, it should be able to bring up the DRBD resources. So I
would start by using the linstor client on the controller node and see
if the satellites are there, how the resource states are, if there are
error reports, if maybe some DB migration failed,... If LINSTOR then is
happy and brought up the DRBD resources, then the adaptions for the
storage.cfg are almost trivial.

Regards, rck