Mailing List Archive

Adding a third node into existing drbd cluster
dear all?
I have a drbd cluster with two nodes: C21 and C22. Now I want to add a
third node C23 into existing drbd cluster.
Here's how I did it?

1. drbdadm down r0
2. drbdadm apply-al r0
3. drbdadm dump-md r0 > r0-md
4. edit the r0-md:

4.1 increased the number "max-peers" from 1 to 2.
4.2 add the bitmap at the end of the dump file

bitmap[1] {
# at 0kB
4096 times 0x0000000000000000;
}

5. drbdmeta 0 v09 /dev/vg1/lv1 internal restore-md r0-md

6. The first time I success, but second time report an error

reinitializing
> md_offset 3221221376
> al_offset 3221188608
> bm_offset 3220992000
>
> Found ext3 filesystem
> 3145728 kB data area apparently used
> 3145500 kB left usable by current configuration
>
> Device size would be truncated, which
> would corrupt data and result in
> 'access beyond end of device' errors.
> You need to either
> * use external meta data (recommended)
> * shrink that filesystem first
> * zero out the device (destroy the filesystem)
> Operation refused.
>
> 7. I extended /dev/vg1/lv1 from 1G to 2G. It is also reporting this error.
How can I do it?

Thanks
zhangyi.