Mailing List Archive

WinDRBD 1.1.0-rc2 released
Dear DRBD and WinDRBD users,

I spent a lot of time working on LINSTOR for Windows, which I expect to be
merged into upstream LINSTOR later this year. Therefore the WinDRBD
development was on hold for a time, but now we continue (besides others
making SyncSource much faster).

Working with LINSTOR also revealed hard to trigger WinDRBD / DRBD bugs,
some of which are fixed with this release canidate.

From the WHATSNEW.md file:

What's new in version 1.1.0-rc2
---------------------------

Can install self-signed WinDRBD driver via ssh

Improve sync speed when sync source

Fixed a WinDRBD stuckness on drbdadm secondary when there was more
than one Volume.

Fixed online resize while connected.

So, if you want to give this release canidate a try, please do!

You can download the installer from:

https://linbit.com/linbit-software-download-page-for-linstor-and-drbd-linux-driver/

If you wish to build WinDRBD from source, here is the sounrde repo on github:

https://github.com/LINBIT/windrbd

Since for building WinDRBD still a mixed Linux/Windows build setup is necessary
I recommend to use the installer if you just want to use (and not to develop for)
WinDRBD. I am working on making build possible on Linux only (using Wine for
the Windows part).

Best wishes and please let us know about feature requests, bug reports and more
stuff regarding WinDRBD, either on github or by eMail,

- Johannes Thoma