Mailing List Archive

drbd-utils v9.18.1
Dear DRBD users,

this is version 9.18.1 of drbd-utils which contains minor fixes to the
recently introduced systemd templates [1]. The drbd@.service one did not
pull in network-online and therefor might have been started before the
interface to the peer was even up, causing the rest to fail. Also make
sure to read and understand [2].

The second main fix is working around pretty outdated SELinux rules
concerning DRBD (we need to upstream a recent version eventually) and
SELinux as deployed on RHEL in general. For example we could not use
'systemd-notify' in a .service file, a known bug, because how would
notifying systemd in a service file be useful, right?... So we basically
moved all the inlined shell code to shell scripts in a location that is
blessed enough by SELinux (at least on RHEL). So it does exactly the
same as before, with exactly the same shell code, but now SELinux shuts
up and it is obviously sEcUrE now. And that is pretty much all I can say
about SELinux without cursing.

TGZ:
https://pkg.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/utils/drbd-utils-9.18.1.tar.gz
GIT: https://github.com/linbit/drbd-utils/tree/9.18.1