Mailing List Archive

drbdd v0.2.0
Dear DRBD users,

This is version 0.2.0 of drbdd. There have only been some minor
documentation fixes since the last RC release. Work on the prometheus.io
plugin has already been started.

The RC announcement:

The main new feature is the "user mode helper" plugin, which allows
users to define simple filters for DRBD state changes that are then
matched. A match triggers the execution of a user defined script.
Information is passed via environment variables.

A quick example for a rule that sends an alert whenever a resource gets
diskless looks like this:

[[umh.device]]
name = "now Diskless"
command = "sms.sh $(uname -n): $DRBD_RES_NAME $DRBD_NEW_DISK_STATE"
event-type = "Change"
old.disk-state = { operator = "NotEquals", value = "Diskless" }
new.disk-state = "Diskless"

I think the umh plugin has great potential to remove many hackish
scripts that did some kind manual DRBD state tracking.

There is extensive documentation on rules, types, environment
variables,.. [1,2]. This brings me to the second, not that exciting
change since 0.1.0: drbdd now has proper man pages for the daemon, the
config, and all plugins [3].

Eventually this will also replace the helper scripts that are currently
triggered by the kernel, but that will require more work on the kernel
and low level user space parts.

GIT: https://github.com/LINBIT/drbdd/releases/tag/v0.2.0
TGZ: https://linbit.com/downloads/drbd/utils/drbdd-0.2.0.tar.gz
PPA: https://launchpad.net/~linbit/+archive/ubuntu/linbit-drbd9-stack

Regards, rck

[1] https://github.com/LINBIT/drbdd/blob/master/src/plugin/umh.md
[2] man drbdd.umh
[3] drbdd(1), drbdd.toml(5), drbdd.promoter(5), drbdd.umh(5),
drbdd.debugger(5)