Mailing List Archive

linstor-operator 1.3.0 released
Dear LINSTOR on Kubernetes Users,

We just released version 1.3.0 of the LINSTOR operator.

This release adds a new component to our Helm Chart: The LINSTOR High
Availability Controller, or HA Controller for short. This component can
reduce the time it takes Kubernetes to reschedule a Pod in case of node
failure from 15+ minutes to 1 minute or less. Details and examples are
available in section 3.9 of the User Guide. [1]

Other changes include removed deprecation warnings for the provided
CRDs and the usual round of updated images.

Updated charts are available from https://charts.linstor.io. Take a
look at section 3.10 on upgrades in our User Guide. [2]

Source code is available, as always, upstream at
https://github.com/piraeusdatastore/piraeus-operator

Best regards,
Moritz

[1]:
https://www.linbit.com/drbd-user-guide/linstor-guide-1_0-en/#s-kubernetes-ha-controller
[2]:
https://www.linbit.com/drbd-user-guide/linstor-guide-1_0-en/#s-kubernetes-upgrade

Full changelog
--------------

Added
- New component: haController will deploy the LINSTOR High Availability
Controller. More information is available in the optional components
page
- Enable strict checking of DRBD parameter to disable usermode helper
in container environments.
- Override the image used in "chown" jobs in the pv-hostpath chart by
using --set chownerImage=<my-image>.

Changed
- Updated operator-sdk to v0.19.4
- Set CSI component timeout to 1 minute to reduce the number of retries
in the CSI driver
- Default images updated:
- operator.controller.controllerImage:
drbd.io/linstor-controller:v1.11.0
- operator.satelliteSet.satelliteImage:
drbd.io/linstor-satellite:v1.11.0
- csi.pluginImage: drbd.io/linstor-csi:v0.11.0

Fixed
- Fixed Helm warnings when setting "csi.controllerAffinity",
"operator.controller.affinity" and "operator.satelliteSet.storagePools".