Mailing List Archive

WinDRBD 1.0.0-rc5 released
Dear DRBD and WinDRBD users,

WinDRBD 1.0.0-rc5 has been released.

You can download the installer (signed with SHA256 from now on) from:

https://www.linbit.com/linbit-software-download-page-for-linstor-and-drbd-linux-driver/#windrbd

A lot has happened since the last 1.0.0-rc1 release, mainly patches to
improve system stability.

By serializing calls to drbd_make_request we were able to fix a blue screen
which could be triggered with fio -depth >10, see

    https://github.com/LINBIT/windrbd/issues/2

for details (this is also where -rc2 to -rc4 can be found).

In addition the workqueue code has been reengineered which should
fix a system hang we observed when doing endurance tests (I/O for
3-4 weeks).

Right now I am working on fixing a bug that causes drbdadm down to
hang when syncing several times while I/O is going on (this will then
be -rc6).

Please help with testing WinDRBD so we can find and fix remaining bugs
before we tag 1.0.0,

Thanks a lot,

- Johannes