Mailing List Archive

drbd-0.7_pre8.tar.gz
Hi!

This has the codename Release-Candidate-1

What happened in the last month:

* Zero-copy IO disabled for now, since it cases data-corruption after
resync. This will be investigated further...
* Bitmap code rewritten and seperated into own source file.
In the progress a few bugs were discovered and fixed.
* New metadata flag MDF_FullSync to indicate that we need a full sync
next time. -> This makes sure that we never loose a full sync event,
even if we crash during writing the bitmap.
* PARTNER_CONSISTENT flag, so we won't sync against or read from
some inconsistent peer.
* sync handshake improved. detects split brain, detects inconsistent
local or peer data, detects whether full sync is neccessary.
* moved syncer handshake and detach ioctl into their own functions
* meta data is initialised as inconsistent, need full sync.
* Added the "on-disconnect stand_allone;" and the ko-count options.
* Some work on drbdsetup's man page.
* Added "drbddisk [resource] status" for integration with heartbeat.
* Improved module usage count.
* Included the CTH (cluster test harness) for automatic testing.

It behaves quite good in the automatic test suite by now, but
a few things remain to be done:

+ Find out how to use zero-copy-IO properly.
+ More work on the open issues with XFS ( seems to be realated
to blocksizes != 4k)
+ Find and fix more bugs.

You can download it from LINBIT's download area as .tar.gz or
fetch it from CVS as tag "rel-0_7-pre8".

Happy testing !

-Philipp
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner Tel +43-1-8178292-50 :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH Fax +43-1-8178292-82 :