Mailing List Archive

will dbmail continue to be developed?
This is the only server that works with DBMS to store all data. I think
this is a very good decision.

Re: will dbmail continue to be developed? [ In reply to ]
On 11/01/19 4:13, Maxim wrote:

> This is the only server that works with DBMS to store all data. I
> think this is a very good decision.
I have some performance improvements I would like to do but I have had
no time.

Sandino Araico Sánchez
http://sandino.net
Re: will dbmail continue to be developed? [ In reply to ]
Hi All,

The questions about the future of dbmail keeps popping up. As well as
question on this mailinglist, I've tried to reach out to Paul a several
times last year. I'm not getting any response, even though I've put in alot
of hours in on making dbmail work with gmime3: https://github.com/pjstevns/
dbmail/compare/master...langemeijer:upgrade-to-gmime3

Within the company I work for we have recently decided to get my changes
into production. We don't like to run our own fork, because as users of
dbmail we are invested in it's future too. dbmail is pretty unique, and
offers a very good solution for storing users mail. It would be a shame to
see it die.

As Paul holds the 'keys' to the dbmail project, and there seems no progress
in the project anymore, as a strategy I will probably cleanup my repository
to create a more official fork, merge some of the other changes in pull
requests, ask a colleage to do some minor 'marketing' work (name & logo
stuff) and create a simple site.

For now, as a user dbmail probably still is a viable choice. If you want to
do work on it nothing should stop you from going so: it's open-source.

Greetings, Casper

Re: will dbmail continue to be developed? [ In reply to ]
If you go this way I have something to contribute too.

Small stuff, mainly MySQL based.

---

Andrea Brancatelli