Mailing List Archive

MariaDB Migration
Hello,

we just moved a DBMail installation from MySQL to MariaDB.

Everything works well using Thunderbird, but web clients like Roundcube
and SOGo Groupware cannot display the message list. The folder list is
shown, including the number of messages, but the message list remains empty.

The problem seems to be related to sorting. If i disable message sorting
in Roundcube, the messages are shown correctly.

Any ideas? Is this a known problem? Has someone successfully migrated to
MariaDB?

Kind regards,
Christian
Christian Reischl

Fraunhofer Institut für
Verfahrenstechnik und Verpackung
Giggenhauser Str. 35
85354 Freising

Tel.: +49 8161 491-704
mailto:christian.reischl@ivv.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ivv.fraunhofer.de/
Re: MariaDB Migration [ In reply to ]
Am 17.10.18 um 12:19 schrieb Christian Reischl:
> Hello,
>
> we just moved a DBMail installation from MySQL to MariaDB.
>
> Everything works well using Thunderbird, but web clients like Roundcube
> and SOGo Groupware cannot display the message list. The folder list is
> shown, including the number of messages, but the message list remains
> empty.
>
> The problem seems to be related to sorting. If i disable message sorting
> in Roundcube, the messages are shown correctly.
>
> Any ideas? Is this a known problem? Has someone successfully migrated to
> MariaDB?

migrated years ago

i remember a MariaDB 5.5.x error also fixed years ago which only
affected dbmail - make sure you have the latest patches of both software

one problem of your message is that you don't provide any informations

* dbmail version (exact patch state)
* mariadb version
* gmime version
* roundcube version
Re: MariaDB Migration [ In reply to ]
Dear Harald,

thank you for the quick answer.

Here are more details:

OS: Debian 7 LTS (upgrade to 9 soon)
DBmail: 3.1.13-1 (from deprecated nfgd.net repo)
GMime: 2.6.10-1
MariaDB: 10.1.26-0+deb9 (on separate Debian 9.5 host)
Roundcube: 1.3.7

The best solution seems to be an upgrade of DBMail to 3.2.

Kind regards,
Christian

Re: MariaDB Migration [ In reply to ]
Am 17.10.18 um 14:04 schrieb Christian Reischl:
> Dear Harald,
>
> thank you for the quick answer.
>
> Here are more details:
>
> OS: Debian 7 LTS (upgrade to 9 soon)
> DBmail: 3.1.13-1 (from deprecated nfgd.net repo)
> GMime: 2.6.10-1
> MariaDB: 10.1.26-0+deb9 (on separate Debian 9.5 host)
> Roundcube: 1.3.7
>
> The best solution seems to be an upgrade of DBMail to 3.2.

3.1.13 has a ton of known bugs and even 3.1.17 released years ago has
known fixed bugs - do yourself a favor and build from source instead
using stone old versions

http://dbmail.org/index.php?page=download
https://github.com/pjstevns/dbmail/tree/dbmail_3_1
https://github.com/pjstevns/dbmail/commit/d213fd84529b3ff3da8b32aa15ef58f2b335383d

dbmail-3.1.17-10.fc28.20181003.rh.2874f497fb429ed139e94342ca1c84325b20b3f1.sandybridge.x86_64

* Wed Dec 7 2016 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>
- add dbmail-prepend-headers-during-delivery.patch

* Wed Jan 20 2016 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>
- update to 2874f497fb429ed139e94342ca1c84325b20b3f1 bugfix snapshot
- prevent assertion in p_string_erase

* Sun Jul 27 2014 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>
- update to 3.1.17 release