UT Southwestern

Medical Center

The future of medicine, today.

Re: Latest GIT? [ In reply to ]
Am 20.09.18 um 18:31 schrieb Peter Smith:
> Also, where is the latest most current version of DBmail located? git.dbmail.eu doesn't seem to be working for me. The version that I'm running right now is the PJSTEVNS version at Github but that seems to be fairly old at this point

sadly dbmail seems to be completly orphaned and it's really frustrating
given the time for debugging and so on wasted the past years until Paul
completly disppeared - the last thing i heard from him was the takeover
of the domain from NFG but nothing happend ever after that

what to do?

no idea! i spent hundrets of hours to build a backend-infractructure
around it and don't know what to do in the future except resign
completly from the IT industry where dbmail mabye is the last missing
drop sooner or later

https://github.com/sodabrew/libsieve one of the dependencies whuich
crashs on the sligtest errors saw his last update 7 years ago

fuck off - i am really frustrated and knowing that i would likely have
used dovecot alone and implement only 40% of the backend features....
Re: Latest GIT? [ In reply to ]
Woah. Settle :) Just because someone wrote and maintained a project,
doesn't mean they owe the world continued maintenance. It's disappointing
for users, yes. But the problems aren't insurmountable. Fork it, and fix
it. Don't have the time or skills to fix it? Post a project on freelancer
or something - that's what I did when I needed some open-source C code
fixed, and couldn't do it myself. People don't run mail servers for fun -
surely this is something your employer could fund?

Dan

Re: Latest GIT? [ In reply to ]
they at least owe the world a clear statement

Re: Latest GIT? [ In reply to ]
https://github.com/pjstevns/dbmail

---

Andrea Brancatelli

Re: Latest GIT? [ In reply to ]
very sad. :(
I really like the concept of using DBMS to work with mail. Even
Thunderbird uses SQLite to store mailbox data.
Store letters in the file system is the "Stone Age"

20.09.18 22:11, Reindl Harald ?????: