Mailing List Archive

Announce: dbmail 2.2.4 released

We're very happy to announce the release of dbmail-2.2.4

This is mostly a bugfix maintenance release that fixes some fatal IMAP
regressions in the botched 2.2.3 release. However, it also addresses a
couple of long-standing IMAP issues.

Some noteworthy changes:

* The sqlite driver will now automatically create the database and
tables, and also expands a tilde in the database path to the full
homedirectory. This allows massive horizontal scalability by
giving each user his own sqlite database to store email in - at
the expense however of the IMAP namespace capability.
* The recent flag on messages is now finally cleared in a rfc
compliant manner. Also, status updates on mailboxes now support
sending expunge and flag updates on messages. Multiple clients
opening the same mailbox simultaneously can now update and delete
messages without having to fear mailbox corruption in the client
cache.

Changelog since 2.2.3

* 00000529: [Database layer] db paramater in dbmail.conf should
support ~ expansion (paul)
* 00000520: [Command-Line programs (dbmail-users, dbmail-util)]
dbmail-export on postgresql produces incorrect mbox files (paul)
* 00000491: [installation scripts] Several problems with today's
2.2.1-1 Debian package (paul)
* 00000519: [IMAP daemon] recent flag is not cleared correctly
(paul)
* 00000526: [Database layer] add auto-creation of sqlite database
(paul)
* 00000525: [IMAP daemon] Error message about /tmp folder (aaron)
* 00000512: [Database layer] IMAP SEARCH LARGER and SEARCH SMALLER
cause query error, return incorrect results (aaron)
* 00000511: [LMTP daemon] when filesystem is full, only header block
is inserted (aaron)
* 00000516: [General] permissions on log files are wrong or
inconsistent (aaron)
* 00000518: [LMTP daemon] if there are no new messages in forder
imap's select command fails (paul)
* 00000515: [general delivery] when a user is over quota,
dbmail-smtp rejects the message with rc67 and no syslog (paul)

- --
Paul Stevens paul at nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl
Re: Announce: dbmail 2.2.4 released [ In reply to ]
It may be me but, but i think 2.2.4 is alot faster im IMAP :)

Re: Announce: dbmail 2.2.4 released [ In reply to ]
Re: Announce: dbmail 2.2.4 released [ In reply to ]
are you running pgsql?

I noticed 2.2 was alot slower than 2.0, but since I needed sieve filters I
lived with it. 2.2.4 really that much faster than 2.2.2?

-Eric