Mailing List Archive

ANNOUNCE: dbmail-2.2.0

DBMail 2.2.0 released!

DBMail 2.2 features a fast and robust IMAP server, LDAP integration and
advanced Sieve filtering capabilities.

At the LinuxWorld Expo Germany, NFG announces the release of DBMail 2.2.
This release is the culmination of 18 months of adding significant
benefits and new features.

What's new?
===========

LDAP integration
- ----------------

LDAP is the industry standard for unified user management and
authentication, spanning multiple application domains across multiple
sites. By integrating DBmail with LDAP, email user and alias management
can be performed easily and transparantly from within your chosen LDAP
user management environment.

Fast searches
- ---------------

Fast searches on sender, subject, date etc. are now powered by special
header indexes, enabling advanced client-side searches and filtering
while maintaining performance.

Sieve filtering
- ---------------

DBMail 2.2 features a built-in Timsieved compliant filtering engine.
Users can set up and manage complex filtering rules to sort email into
folders.

Clean, extensible code base

The DBmail 2.2 release is a major milestone in the ongoing engineering
effort to improve the DBmail experience. Our test-driven development
methodology enforces high quality standards on all components added or
changed. Formalized tests now cover 65% of the code base, and we are
committed to raising test coverage with every release.

- --
Paul Stevens paul at nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl