Mailing List Archive

[DBMail 0001080]: IMAPD crashes when exposed to internet
The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=1080
Reported By: yazeed
Assigned To:
Project: DBMail
Issue ID: 1080
Category: IMAP daemon
Reproducibility: always
Severity: crash
Date Submitted: 28-Jun-16 00:47 CEST
Last Modified: 28-Jun-16 00:47 CEST
Hi there

This is my first post here, I have just registered, so excuse me if i am
doing it all wrong.

dbmail-imapd crashes whenever i allow users to login (probably a certain
user triggering the segfault with a certain command), if i block public
access and use IMAP through web mail or any other, it works fine, seconds
after allowing traffic to the deamon, it will crash

I have compiled the debug binaries, then run dbmail-imapd from within gdb,
right after the crash, i issue a bt, and here are the commands and results

root@email:/usr/local/sbin# gdb /usr/sbin/dbmail-imapd -p
/run/dbmail/dbmail-imapd.pid
GNU gdb (Debian 7.7.1+dfsg-5) 7.7.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/dbmail-imapd...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Illegal process-id: /run/dbmail/dbmail-imapd.pid.
(gdb) run -D
Starting program: /usr/sbin/dbmail-imapd -D
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7ffff0506700 (LWP 16325)]
[Thread 0x7ffff0506700 (LWP 16325) exited]
[New Thread 0x7ffff0506700 (LWP 16326)]
[New Thread 0x7fffef8f1700 (LWP 16327)]
[New Thread 0x7fffef0f0700 (LWP 16328)]
[New Thread 0x7fffee8ef700 (LWP 16329)]
[New Thread 0x7fffee0ee700 (LWP 16330)]
[New Thread 0x7fffed8ed700 (LWP 16331)]
[New Thread 0x7fffed0ec700 (LWP 16332)]
[New Thread 0x7fffec8eb700 (LWP 16333)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe7fff700 (LWP 16334)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe77fe700 (LWP 16335)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe6ffd700 (LWP 16336)]

[Switching to Thread 0x7fffee0ee700 (LWP 16330)]
0x0000555555560a13 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=0 0x0000555555560a13 in ?? ()
http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=1 0x00007ffff6aba1d8 in ?? () from
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=2 0x00007ffff6ab9845 in ?? () from
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=3 0x00007ffff51790a4 in start_thread
(arg=0x7fffee0ee700) at
pthread_create.c:309
http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=4 0x00007ffff4eae87d in clone () at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change