Mailing List Archive

[DBMail 0001048]: with Horde/IMP unix Mails can't inline see
The following issue has been REOPENED.
http://dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=1048
Reported By: svalcken
Assigned To:
Project: DBMail
Issue ID: 1048
Category: IMAP daemon
Reproducibility: always
Severity: major
Date Submitted: 05-Jun-14 17:44 CEST
Last Modified: 21-Feb-15 23:41 CET
I have any scripts and daemons seending mails. This mails has not any
header for Type and encoding.
If i try it too show with Horde/IMP, i become a attachmend Named 7Bit from
horde. if i open it, i see the plan-text mail.
With Thunderbird this works fine. I think thunderbird detect the right
headerinformation by self.
With same configuration and same Mail with cyrus server instad dbmail this
message will be right displayed inline in Horde/IMP.

I think dbmail sends bad mailheader out.

Please fix it. thanks

(0003661) paul (administrator) - 08-Jun-14 16:59
http://dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=1048#c3661
This is a Horde/IMP configuration issue, not a DBMail issue.

Check your imp/mime_drivers.php setup and make sure that

$mime_drivers['imp']['plain']['inline'] = true;

But I don't use Horde any more so things may be different these days.

(0003688) svalcken (reporter) - 21-Feb-15 23:41
http://dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=1048#c3688
so im sorry,
i have in last 2 days time to try anything.

You have wrote, in horde, im must set in driver a configuration.
No. this configuration is currently setup.

To compare, i have setup a cyrus mailserver and copy the same messages to
this server. After switch in Horde to Cyrus, the Message will be correct
displayed. and not as a attachmend named "7BIT". The Server send no
encoding and characterset back, if a message has no. Thunderbird can
convert this but not horde.

The messages, i can't change, this will be generated from any Daemons of a
Linux-Server.

Please check it and make a bugfix. Thanks.

Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
05-Jun-14 17:44 svalcken New Issue
08-Jun-14 16:59 paul Note Added: 0003661
08-Jun-14 16:59 paul Status new => closed
08-Jun-14 16:59 paul Resolution open => no change
required
21-Feb-15 23:41 svalcken Note Added: 0003688
21-Feb-15 23:41 svalcken Status closed => feedback
21-Feb-15 23:41 svalcken Resolution no change required =>
reopened