Mailing List Archive

DAViCal 1.1.11 / AWL 0.63 released
Hi everyone,

today I uploaded DAViCal 1.1.11 and AWL 0.63. This is a bugfix release
that adds compatibility with PHP 8.1 and Postgresql 14.

From https://wiki.davical.org/index.php?title=Release_Notes/1.1.11:

=== Bug Fixes ===
* Tasks show up in Free/Busy (#257)
* php compatibility: Creating principal fails on 8.1 (#271)
* PHP 8 deprecations: htmlspecialchars in always.php (#266)
* PHP 8: "Exception [0] array_flip(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of
type array, null given" at principal-edit.php (#260)
* Exception in inc/iSchedule.php, Argument #1 must be of type
Countable|array (#252)
* Users with passwords containing a quotation mark cannot login (#259)
* Create new users, impossible... (#250)
* Wrong FreeBusy duration when the DTSTART of the event is the same as
the DTEND (#247)
* Remove deprecated get_magic_quotes* function call from setup.php (234)
* "Login failure" when password contains HTML special characters (#229)

=== Other Changes ===
* Changes to Gitlab CI, unit and regression tests

== Downloading DAViCal ==

DAViCal 1.1.11:
https://www.davical.org/downloads/davical_1.1.11.orig.tar.xz

AWL 0.63:
https://www.davical.org/downloads/awl_0.63.orig.tar.xz

See https://wiki.davical.org/index.php?title=Downloading, or
https://www.davical.org/downloads/ - although it may still take a little
while before the files become available.

There are a number of pending fixes (both merge requests and open bug
reports) that we will hopefully get to soon. If you can, please help us
with patches and reviews.

Florian

Re: DAViCal 1.1.11 / AWL 0.63 released [ In reply to ]
Hi Florian,

If one were to upgrade from say a RHEL 7 system with php7x would it be a
simple matter of installing the davical and postgresql software on RHEL
8/9 and importing the dump of the database from a previous RHEL 7 system?

Eric

Re: DAViCal 1.1.11 / AWL 0.63 released [ In reply to ]
Hi Eric,

> If one were to upgrade from say a RHEL 7 system with php7x would it be a
> simple matter of installing the davical and postgresql software on RHEL 8/9
> and importing the dump of the database from a previous RHEL 7 system?

basically yes, but if you update to a newer DAViCal version at the same
time, be sure to run update-davical-database from the dba folder in case
there were any schema changes.

Florian

Re: DAViCal 1.1.11 / AWL 0.63 released [ In reply to ]
Thank you, Florian:

So, would one run this update before importing the dump or after, or
would it matter?

Eric

Re: DAViCal 1.1.11 / AWL 0.63 released [ In reply to ]
Hi Florian,

Thanks for doing the release. I see that the release notes are in the wiki and everything; very thorough!

-Jim

Re: DAViCal 1.1.11 / AWL 0.63 released [ In reply to ]
Hi Eric,

> So, would one run this update before importing the dump or after, or would
> it matter?

after importing the dump. To ensure a consistent state, dumps will
usually contain commands that first drop a table or database that is
subsequently restored / recreated from the dump. That (old) state can
then be migrated to the new schema, and then you're ready to use the new
DAViCal version with the database.

Florian

Re: DAViCal 1.1.11 / AWL 0.63 released [ In reply to ]
Thank you, Florian.