Mailing List Archive

DAViCal Db Creation Issue
Hi,

Trying to setup a new instance of DAViCal in a Debian container which
will have all the necessary components for system to work; Debian Linux,
Apache, Postgres (v13) and DAViCal in the system system and instead of
using the normal 'trust' in the pg_hba.conf I've set it to make use of
md5 instead (aware that md5 isn't considered secure any more and get the
understanding that postgres should be able to do SHA as well.). But,
when coming to the step to run the 'create-database.sh' script it's
fails with reference to access issue and I don't know whether this is
due to that the installation script can't handle the usage of md5 or
whether it's actually is an issue with my postgress installation.
Running the installation using 'trust' works fine but with 'md5' it
gives access control error. Just want to verify whether there is
something in the installations script that won't work using md5 (or sha
for that matter). Most likely my issue is directly related to postgress
but haven't found anything in the logs that would point me in the right
direction.

//Kim

root@apch-cal:/usr/share/davical/dba# su postgres -c
/usr/share/davical/dba/create-database.sh
DBI connect('dbname=davical','davical_dba',...) failed: FATAL: password
authentication failed for user "davical_dba" at
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 244.
Can't connect to database davical at
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 244.
* * * * ERROR * * * *
The database administration utility failed.  This may be due to database
permissions for the davical_dba user, or because the Perl DBD::Pg or YAML
libraries are not available.