Mailing List Archive

setting PHP options for FPM-PHP
Hi,

background info from php.net : FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) is an
alternative PHP FastCGI implementation with some additional features
(mostly) useful for heavy-loaded sites.

In https://wiki.davical.org/index.php/Problems_and_Solutions, one
mention setting some options for PHP. Under FPM, using "php_value" in
Apache configuration is not allowed. The solution is per app / per dir
".user.ini" files. This is a configuration for Davical that worked for me :

place the content below in /data/davical/htdocs/.user.ini (your paths
may differ, please adapt)

# /data/davical/htdocs/.user.ini
# https://wiki.davical.org/index.php/Problems_and_Solutions
include_path = /data/awl/inc
open_basedir = "/data/awl:/data/davical:/etc/davical"
error_reporting = "E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE"
default_charset = "UTF-8"

After creating/changing this file, FPM needs 5 minutes to reload it.
Alternartively, restart FPM manually|.|||

Official doc : https://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.file.per-user.php

Maybe this could be added to the wiki page.

Kind regards,
Charles

--
Charles Bueche <cblists@bueche.ch>
Re: setting PHP options for FPM-PHP [ In reply to ]
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the tip. Would you like a wiki account so you can add the
information directly?

-Jim