Mailing List Archive

Unable to update existing calendars after upgrade - Debian Stretch
Hello,

I recently updated my calendar server to the current version of Debian
Stretch.  This included Davical version 1.1.8-1+deb10u1.

I normally use Lightning in Thunderbird as well as ipad/iphone to access
my calendar.

After the server upgrade I was unable to connect to my existing calendar
until I removed and re-added the account info on my devices.  After that
I was able to see past/existing events.  I am unable to add any new
events to existing calendars.

I  receive "500" errors when I can see errors such as this from Apple
Calendar:
The server responded with "500" to operation
CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation

Thunderbird shows me:
Lightning: [calCachedCalendar] Unable to perform playback action modify
to the server, will try again next time
(082bf975-7287-46e9-be10-242ea71ef509,Server Replied with 500)
calCachedCalendar.js:594

I created a new principle using the admin web pages on the calendar
server - that calendar works as expected.

I did run the database update script after the upgrade - that looked
okay to me:
./update-davical-database
The database is version 9.1 currently at revision 1.3.2.
Applying patch 1.3.3.sql ... succeeded.
Successfully applied 1 patches.
Supported locales updated.
Updated view: dav_principal.sql applied.
CalDAV functions updated.
RRULE functions updated.
Database permissions updated.

I've not had any issue like this with Davical before - any information
on what I need to be checking on would be appreciated.

Thank you
Bob

Robert M. Martel I met someone who looks a lot like you
System Administrator She does the things you do
Levin College of Urban Affairs But she is an IBM
Cleveland State University -Jeff Lynne
(216) 687-2214
r.martel@csuohio.edu
Re: Unable to update existing calendars after upgrade - Debian Stretch [ In reply to ]
Hi Robert,

If you're still having the below errors, then I'd suggest you check
your web servers error log file. The reason for the 500 return code
might be in there.

Cheers,
Andrew

--