Assumpte: [DAViCal-devel] davical is marked for autoremoval from testing
Data: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 04:39:08 +0000
De: Debian testing autoremoval watch <noreply@release.debian.org>
A: davical@packages.debian.org

davical 1.1.8-1 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2019-04-13

It (build-)depends on packages with these RC bugs:
923905: libdbd-pg-perl: FTBFS (failing tests)

Re: DAViCal is marked for autoremoval from Debian [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:10:21 +0100, Narcis Garcia <informatica@actiu.net>
wrote:

> davical 1.1.8-1 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2019-04-13

Iv'e seen this for some other packages as well. I assume it is false alarm
(i.e., a bug in a related package that will probably get fixed soon).

Re: DAViCal is marked for autoremoval from Debian [ In reply to ]
A new version of libdbd-pg-perl which fixes this bug was uploaded on
the 8th.

On Thu, 2019-03-14 at 08:10 +0100, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> https://bugs.debian.org/923905

Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
andrew@etc.gen.nz              | linux.conf.au 2020, Gold Coast, AU
Catalyst Cloud:  |   https://lca2020.linux.org.au/
https://catalystcloud.nz |

Re: DAViCal is marked for autoremoval from Debian [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 08:30:26AM +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:10:21 +0100, Narcis Garcia <informatica@actiu.net>
> wrote:
>
> > davical 1.1.8-1 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2019-04-13

> Iv'e seen this for some other packages as well. I assume it is false alarm
> (i.e., a bug in a related package that will probably get fixed
> soon).

Yes, the bug is in a the Perl database access library
libdbd-pg-perl. The bug is already corrected in the unstable (sid /
development) version of Debian. In normal times, it should migrate to
testing in about 5 days and then all packages removed from testing
because of it can migrate back to testing.

But in these times of freeze, I'm not sure what will
happen. libdbd-pg-perl got a freeze exception to migrate to testing in
5 days, but I'm not sure what will happen with all the packages
removed in the meantime because of it.

--
Lionel