Mailing List Archive

Deleted events for principal grant aren't synced
Hello people of Davical,

I am using davical 1.1.5-1 from backports in Debian jessie (I moved the database from a setup in wheezy and davical 1.1.1-1). I am experiencing the following problem:
Generally, changes of events are synced, but there are problems in the situation of principal grants.
For example, say Alice creates a principal grant with the read rights to Bob.

Bob can see the events Alice creates and also changes made to these events, but when Alice deletes a event, this change isn’t synced to Alice.
However, when I curl the full .ics of Bobs calendar URL when authorized as Alice at the server, the deleted events aren’t part of the .ics.

I searched the archives and found out that there have been similar issues reported, like
https://sourceforge.net/p/davical/mailman/message/35868719/

and the gitlab issue #100
https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/issues/100

Still, installing davical 1.1.5 didn’t seem to fix the problem.

Any hints?

Jens
Re: Deleted events for principal grant aren't synced [ In reply to ]
Hi Jens,

> I searched the archives and found out that there have been similar issues reported, like
> https://sourceforge.net/p/davical/mailman/message/35868719/
>
> and the gitlab issue #100
> https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/issues/100
>
> Still, installing davical 1.1.5 didn???t seem to fix the problem.

as explained in that thread, issue #100 was fixed _after_ the release of
Davical 1.1.5, so you'll need to wait for 1.1.6 ("really soon now") or
manually apply the fix from
https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/commit/1c174f4b78c03cff4c27fe80e2a774a239073188

Florian

Re: Deleted events for principal grant aren't synced [ In reply to ]
> Am 10.07.2017 um 10:56 schrieb Florian Schlichting <fsfs@debian.org>:
[…]
> as explained in that thread, issue #100 was fixed _after_ the release of
> Davical 1.1.5,

Whoopsie…

sorry for the inconvenience then. I just applied the fix and it seems to work now.

Thanks alot!

Jens