Mailing List Archive

Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration
Hi,

I migrated an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation (with whatever Davical was current back then, can't look it up any more) to a new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Davical 1.1.4-1), and have residual problems with deleting calendar entries from iOS. On the server, I frequently see things like this in the apache error log:

davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (202) at line 3, column 33
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-default-calendar-URL xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <DAV::href>/mmdavical/caldav.php/conny/connyOfficeCalendar/</DAV::href>\n</schedule-default-calendar-URL>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (201) at line 3, column 28
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-calendar-transp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:opaque/>\n</schedule-calendar-transp>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (201) at line 3, column 36
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<supported-calendar-component-set xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:comp name="VEVENT"/>\n</supported-calendar-component-set>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (201) at line 3, column 36
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<supported-calendar-component-set xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:comp name="VEVENT"/>\n</supported-calendar-component-set>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (201) at line 3, column 28
davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-calendar-transp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav:opaque/>\n</schedule-calendar-transp>\n
davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue

I did run the upgrade-davical-database script recently, although missed that in the beginning.

Based on the error messages, I was unable to find the cause, let alone fix it. PHP installation seems fine, the dependendies listed in setup.php are all green and "Passed".

Any hints?

Thanks
Maik
Re: Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration [ In reply to ]
Hi,

that would be https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/issues/100 ?

> davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (202) at line 3, column 33
> davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-default-calendar-URL xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <DAV::href>/mmdavical/caldav.php/conny/connyOfficeCalendar/</DAV::href>\n</schedule-default-calendar-URL>\n
> davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue

those are unrelated (but it is an open question if this is iOS producing
wrong XML or the PHP XML parser being wrong / strict - any XML experts
around?)

Florian

Re: Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> Am 31.05.2017 um 12:06 schrieb Florian Schlichting <fsfs@debian.org>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I migrated an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation (with whatever Davical was current back then, can't look it up any more) to a new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Davical 1.1.4-1), and have residual problems with deleting calendar entries from iOS. On the server, I frequently see things like this in the apache error log:
>
> that would be https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/issues/100 ?

Interesting. Applied this to my installation, testing. I wonder why this patch didn't show up in Ubuntu's update stream. Aren't bug fixes like this supposed to be fed into that?

>> davical: ***: ERROR:XML parsing error: Unknown (202) at line 3, column 33
>> davical: ***: ERROR:Error occurred in:\n<schedule-default-calendar-URL xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">\n <DAV::href>/mmdavical/caldav.php/conny/connyOfficeCalendar/</DAV::href>\n</schedule-default-calendar-URL>\n
>> davical: ***: ERROR:XML namspace error but tags extracted, trying to continue
>
> those are unrelated (but it is an open question if this is iOS producing
> wrong XML or the PHP XML parser being wrong / strict - any XML experts
> around?)

Maik

Re: Deleting calendar entries not working after server migration [ In reply to ]
> >> I migrated an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation (with whatever Davical was current back then, can't look it up any more) to a new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Davical 1.1.4-1), and have residual problems with deleting calendar entries from iOS. On the server, I frequently see things like this in the apache error log:
> >
> > that would be https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/issues/100 ?
>
> Interesting. Applied this to my installation, testing. I wonder why this patch didn't show up in Ubuntu's update stream. Aren't bug fixes like this supposed to be fed into that?

the problem has been around for a while, we only recently found the fix
and haven't made a release yet. Ubuntu will get it in due course, but
whether it comes to older releases as well depends on how you (and the
relevant gatekeepers) judge its severity.

Florian