Mailing List Archive

Accessing tasks of a shared calendar
Good evening,

I have been some time now, driving slightly crazy, because a customer,
has told me that wanted to make use of the tasks, located in one
calendar, by several

users granted to access to that calendar. I have said him, well no
problem, have given permissions to him by using finally davical_cli and
all right. Ok so the customer

has configured the account and accessed with the granted users
privileges to the tasks of a calendar. Has started uploading tasks there
and when tasks end uploading

they dissapeared. Davical, was not returning to the user tasks. I have
checked the user can set new tasks... but after syncing and being them
present in the owner of the

shared account they were not being able to be seen by the granted user
in his caldav client. It's like if he was having just write permissions
in the tasks of that collection.

Well as said after hours of checking code... checking the info was on
database... trying to debug absolutely all, have found the following post :

http://davical-general.89287.n3.nabble.com/Davical-general-Does-Davical-do-task-todo-sharing-td2550265.html

So as Andrew sais then.... this is not possible?. It won't be a problem
for the customer to use the account owner's login for accessing there...
but just wanted to clarify.

By the database queries too... it seems that it works this way... just
for confirming... does Davical work this way?. So a users with granted
access to a calendar (where

the granted user works fine!) does not have access to that shared
collection tasks?.

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

--

sarenet
*Egoitz Aurrekoetxea*

Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.
Re: Accessing tasks of a shared calendar [ In reply to ]
Hi Egoitz,

> privileges to the tasks of a calendar. Has started uploading tasks there
> and when tasks end uploading
>
> they dissapeared. Davical, was not returning to the user tasks. I have
> checked the user can set new tasks... but after syncing and being them
> present in the owner of the
>
> shared account they were not being able to be seen by the granted user
> in his caldav client. It's like if he was having just write permissions
> in the tasks of that collection.
>

> Well as said after hours of checking code... checking the info was on
> database... trying to debug absolutely all, have found the following post :
>
> http://davical-general.89287.n3.nabble.com/Davical-general-Does-Davical-do-task-todo-sharing-td2550265.html
>

> So as Andrew sais then.... this is not possible?.

I don't think he is talking about your situation in that email. What he
is saying is that in Davical, there are no per-task permissions, which
means that access control is per entire collection.

What I'd like to draw your attention to is the documentation for the
$c->hide_TODO option:

/**
* If "hide_TODO" is true, then VTODO requested from someone other than the
* admin or owner of a calendar will not get an answer. Often these todo are
* only relevant to the owner, but in some shared calendar situations they
* might not be in which case you should set this to false.
* Default: true
*/

Could this be what you're looking at?

Florian

Re: Accessing tasks of a shared calendar [ In reply to ]
Hi Florian!!

That's it what I was looking for. Thanks a lot mate!!

Best regards,

El 20/3/17 a las 9:47, Florian Schlichting escribi?:

--

sarenet
*Egoitz Aurrekoetxea*
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
egoitz@sarenet.es <mailto:egoitz@sarenet.es>
www.sarenet.es <http://www.sarenet.es>

Antes de imprimir este correo electr?nico piense si es necesario hacerlo.