guess so.
The CalDAV server is davical-r1.1.2 on a FreeBSD-10.2-Release.

Any solution is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Jon Theil Nielsen
--
Jon Theil Nielsen Ægirsgade 12, 2.th. 2200 København +45 22 27 07 20 (Fra
...)
Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
hi - why are you talking about sync? that is a caldav-SERVER. so, why sync?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
Hi again,

You're completely right. But the calendars were not in sync after this. The
events I added from iOS never reached the server, while events added
through Lighting were reflected in the iOS calendars.

Regards,
Jon Theil Nielsen

Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
The version of DAViCal you are using is several years old, and I remember that along the way some workarounds for bugs in Apple software have been implemented. It might be useful to test with a newer version.

Another tip: if you enable the debug logs, you would be able to provide this list with actual info on the reason why changes on the iOS devices are not recorded by the server.

HTH,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperiaâ„¢-smartphone

---- Jon Theil Nielsen schreef ----

Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
Hi again,

I know it's a pretty old version. But the port has no maintainer in the
FreeBSD society.
The installation script scatters directories and files according to the
FreeBSD file system hierarchy and I don't know to install the server from a
source file.
When I'm back in front of my pc, I can try to capture the entries from the
postgresql log file when I try to configure CalDAV access on my iPhone.

Regards,
Jon Theil Nielsen

tir. 10. jan. 2017 kl. 07.58 skrev Vincent Van Houtte <vvh@aplusv.be>:

[...]

Training and support from Colfax.

Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
Hi again

Everything is updated.
Server OS: FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE
Davical: 1.1.15
AWL: 0.57
iOS: 10.2.1 (both iPhone and iPad)

I don't know if the CalDAV functionality is differently implemented on
iPhone and iPad. However, the davical server is fully functional on the
iPad and doesn't work at all on the iPhone.

I have log files (apache, php and postgresql) from setting up new CalDAV
calendars on both devices. I have enabled the recommended debug settings in
davical.
I can show the apache logs for both devices - iPad:
http://pastebin.com/1R35A4SZ, iPhone: http://pastebin.com/9sbQRrtu. For the
iPhone, you can see the php log: http://pastebin.com/jW3fHYbP and the
postgresql log: http://pastebin.com/UvJmLSjB. Since the iPad calendar is
actually working the php and postgresql logs grow to megabytes in seconds.

If somebody can instruct me, I can provide interesting parts of the large
log files.

I really hope this problem can be solved. I have room for my phone in the
pocket, not for the iPad...

Best regards,

tir. 10. jan. 2017 kl. 15.14 skrev Jon Theil Nielsen <jontheil@gmail.com>:

> Hi again,
>
> I know it's a pretty old version. But the port has no maintainer in the
> FreeBSD society.
> The installation script scatters directories and files according to the
> FreeBSD file system hierarchy and I don't know to install the server from a
> source file.
> When I'm back in front of my pc, I can try to capture the entries from the
> postgresql log file when I try to configure CalDAV access on my iPhone.
>
> Regards,
> Jon Theil Nielsen
>
> tir. 10. jan. 2017 kl. 07.58 skrev Vincent Van Houtte <vvh@aplusv.be>:
>
> The version of DAViCal you are using is several years old, and I remember
> that along the way some workarounds for bugs in Apple software have been
> implemented. It might be useful to test with a newer version.
>
> Another tip: if you enable the debug logs, you would be able to provide
> this list with actual info on the reason why changes on the iOS devices are
> not recorded by the server.
>
> HTH,
> Vincent
>
> --
Jon Theil Nielsen
Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:13:10 +0000
Jon Theil Nielsen <jontheil@gmail.com> wrote:

> If somebody can instruct me, I can provide interesting parts of the large
> log files.

It is not some kind of weird routing or firewall problem?
I mean, you have tested both devices using the same network?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Forgetfulness, n.:
A gift of God bestowed upon debtors in compensation for
their destitution of conscience.
Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
man. 20. feb. 2017 kl. 17.39 skrev Michael Rasmussen <mir@datanom.net>:

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:13:10 +0000
> Jon Theil Nielsen <jontheil@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > If somebody can instruct me, I can provide interesting parts of the large
> > log files.
> >
> It is not some kind of weird routing or firewall problem?
> I mean, you have tested both devices using the same network?
>
> --
> Hilsen/Regards
> Michael Rasmussen
>
> No, I don't think so. Most of the tests were done at home connected to the
same wireless network which is connected to the same LAN as the server.

Hilsen/Best regards

--
Jon Theil Nielsen
Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
I have an issue with iOS clients in general being able to open the calendar, but not the contacts in DAViCal.

I have been looking quite some time ago into this problem, but it is not critical in my situation.

To this day, I'm looking in the direction of encryption ciphers. My server is rated A+ at Qualys SSL servertest, and it is possible that the iOS client (which is different on the iPad and the iPhone iirc) doesn't like these strong ciphers.

Maybe this helps?

Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Jon Theil Nielsen schreef ----

Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
man. 20. feb. 2017 kl. 18.33 skrev Vincent Van Houtte <vvh@aplusv.be>:

> I have an issue with iOS clients in general being able to open the
> calendar, but not the contacts in DAViCal.
>
> I have been looking quite some time ago into this problem, but it is not
> critical in my situation.
>
> To this day, I'm looking in the direction of encryption ciphers. My server
> is rated A+ at Qualys SSL servertest, and it is possible that the iOS
> client (which is different on the iPad and the iPhone iirc) doesn't like
> these strong ciphers.
>
> Maybe this helps?
>
> Vincent
>
> I am not proud to admitting this, but for the time being the web server
uses HTTP (port 80) only. So it would rather be lack of ciphers... :-(

Best regards,
--
Jon Theil Nielsen
Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
On 2017-02-20 18:49, Jon Theil Nielsen wrote:

> man. 20. feb. 2017 kl. 18.33 skrev Vincent Van Houtte <vvh@aplusv.be>:
>
>> I have an issue with iOS clients in general being able to open the calendar, but not the contacts in DAViCal.
>>
>> I have been looking quite some time ago into this problem, but it is not critical in my situation.
>>
>> To this day, I'm looking in the direction of encryption ciphers. My server is rated A+ at Qualys SSL servertest, and it is possible that the iOS client (which is different on the iPad and the iPhone iirc) doesn't like these strong ciphers.
>>
>> Maybe this helps?
>>
>> Vincent
> I am not proud to admitting this, but for the time being the web server uses HTTP (port 80) only. So it would rather be lack of ciphers... :-(

I still remember the "caldav_sync"-app for Android emitting a warning a
few years back that the ciphers I used were out of date and therefore
the client refused to sync with my server. Of course, I was using SSL
whereas you are not using any SSL at all, which may be more secure than
thinking you are secure because you have SSL enabled on your server.

Anyways - maybe for some reason iOS for iPhone requires SSL to be
enabled. I have been unable to find any sources on iOS cipher
requirements. With Let's Encrypt it's very easy to install a SSL
certificate, so don't let that hold you back.

Kr,

Vincent

Vincent Van Houtte
Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
man. 20. feb. 2017 kl. 19.06 skrev Vincent Van Houtte <vvh@aplusv.be>:

> Anyways - maybe for some reason iOS for iPhone requires SSL to be enabled.
> I have been unable to find any sources on iOS cipher requirements. With
> Let's Encrypt it's very easy to install a SSL certificate, so don't let
> that hold you back.
>
> Kr,
>
> Vincent

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try this approach. I'm running davical
from a name virtual domain on apache 2.4. I guess I could acquire
certificates for just that subdomain to begin with.
Even though it seems easy, a will have to do some reading etc.

I just wonder if I'm the only person running a CalDAV server on port 80 and
trying to get access from my iPhone.

Best regards,
--
Jon Theil Nielsen
Re: CalDAV problem with iOS 10.2? Cannot access new calendars from built-in iOS calendar etc. [ In reply to ]
man. 20. feb. 2017 kl. 20.19 skrev Jon Theil Nielsen <jontheil@gmail.com>:

man. 20. feb. 2017 kl. 19.06 skrev Vincent Van Houtte <vvh@aplusv.be>:

Anyways - maybe for some reason iOS for iPhone requires SSL to be enabled.
I have been unable to find any sources on iOS cipher requirements. With
Let's Encrypt it's very easy to install a SSL certificate, so don't let
that hold you back.

Kr,

Vincent

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try this approach. I'm running davical
from a name virtual domain on apache 2.4. I guess I could acquire
certificates for just that subdomain to begin with.

Even though it seems easy, a will have to do some reading etc.

I just wonder if I'm the only person running a CalDAV server on port 80 and
trying to get access from my iPhone.

Hello again,

As expected it took me a while to install the software and learn how to use
it. Certainly, I can bring up the web interface using https:// instead of
http://. And the addition of the CalDAV account is much faster (since it
doesn't need to wait for port 443 to fail before trying port 80).
Unfortunately, the result is the exact same: The account is created in
Settings->Calendars->Accounts but it is absent from the built-in calendar
app.
I will happily provide all sort of log files but that has to wait until
tomorrow.

Best regards,
--
Jon Theil Nielsen