only for problem with Thunderbird)

Has davical any another options/hooks for sending invitation?

Thank you very much, Lukas
Re: Resource calendar - Auto accept event [ In reply to ]
Hello,

please can I ask you for answer - is possible set automatically accepting
events for resources?

Thanks, Lukas

Od: "Luká¹ Deseyve" <lukas.deseyve@linuxbox.cz>
Komu: davical-general@lists.sourceforge.net
Datum: 09.09.2016 16:29
Pøedmìt: [Davical-general] Resource calendar - Auto accept event

Hello,

I would like to ask you, if is possible set automatically accepting event
only for calendars of resources? Because I used option $c->
enable_auto_schedule = true;, but it is reflecting all users (not only
resources), that is bad for me.

And...what relation has this option ($c->enable_auto_schedule = true;) with
inviting users from Thunderbird? Is it still needing for it? In my opinion
has this option two different functions (but in your documentation is using

Re: Resource calendar - Auto accept event [ In reply to ]
Hi Lukas,

> I would like to ask you, if is possible set automatically accepting
> event only for calendars of resources? Because I used option
> $c->enable_auto_schedule = true;, but it is reflecting all users (not
> only resources), that is bad for me.

I do not know the answer to this, but my expectation is that
enable_auto_schedule = true is global, and cannot be specified per calendar.

> And...what relation has this option ($c->enable_auto_schedule = true;)
> with inviting users from Thunderbird?

According to my testing, thunderbird will always pop up and alert to
send an email, regardless of the setting being true or false, and
regardless of the invitee being on the same or different server.

If the invitee is on the same server, and the setting is true, then
davical will auto-populate the event in the invitee's calendar.
(thunderbird will still offer to send a message but it is not necessary).

If the invitee is off the server, then the setting must be false, as
thunderbird must be the one to create the event with the invitees, not
davical.

> documentation is using only for problem with Thunderbird)

I have found different clients just behave differently, it might be
necessary for other clients, or it might not work with other clients.

> Has davical any another options/hooks for sending invitation?

To my knowledge, limited or incorrect though it may be, davical can only
deal with invitations when the invitee is on the same server, else the
client must deal with it.

Re: Resource calendar - Auto accept event [ In reply to ]
Hello Bob,

thanks.

Don't you have any idea for workarround or patch for auto accept event only for resources? I think it is usually behaviour for groupwares, calendars servers and similar softwares...

I'm using $c->enable_auto_schedule = false and users are accepting events manually (thunderbird is sending invitation).

Br, Lukas

Bob Miller --- Re: [Davical-general] Resource calendar - Auto accept event ---
Od:"Bob Miller" <bob@computerisms.ca>Komu:davical-general@lists.sourceforge.netDatum:út, 13. 9. 2016 18:29Předmět:Re: [Davical-general] Resource calendar - Auto accept event

Hi Lukas,> I would like to ask you, if is possible set automatically accepting> event only for calendars of resources? Because I used option> $c->enable_auto_schedule = true;, but it is reflecting all users (not> only resources), that is bad for me.I do not know the answer to this, but my expectation is that enable_auto_schedule = true is global, and cannot be specified per calendar.> And...what relation has this option ($c->enable_auto_schedule = true;)> with inviting users from Thunderbird?According to my testing, thunderbird will always pop up and alert to send an email, regardless of the setting being true or false, and regardless of the invitee being on the same or different server.If the invitee is on the same server, and the setting is true, then davical will auto-populate the event in the invitee's calendar. (thunderbird will still offer to send a message but it is not necessary).If the invitee is off the server, then the setting must be false, as thunderbird must be the one to create the event with the invitees, not davical.> documentation is using only for problem with Thunderbird)I have found different clients just behave differently, it might be necessary for other clients, or it might not work with other clients.> Has davical any another options/hooks for sending invitation?To my knowledge, limited or incorrect though it may be, davical can only deal with invitations when the invitee is on the same server, else the client must deal with it.------------------------------------------------------------------------------_______________________________________________Davical-general mailing listDavical-general@lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
Re: Resource calendar - Auto accept event [ In reply to ]
Hi Lukas,

> Don't you have any idea for workarround or patch for auto accept event
> only for resources? I think it is usually behaviour for groupwares,
> calendars servers and similar softwares...

I am not aware of any patches, and I am nowhere near that good at
programming. maybe someone else on this list has some ideas.

> I'm using $c->enable_auto_schedule = false and users are accepting
> events manually (thunderbird is sending invitation).

One of my davical instances is for a 70-person organization. What I do
there is create a network user to own the resource calendars like cars
and boardrooms. I then give groups read and/or write access to the
resource calendars and load them into thunderbird and assign a different
colour. so when one person makes an event all can see it, and no
invitation is necessary. However, this does not make an entry in
anybody's personal calendar, it can be cumbersome when someone has
access to lots of resource calendars, and I have found other clients,
particularly iphones, are pretty hit and miss with using multiple calendars.