Mailing List Archive

Event Update Issue
Hi,

We are using davical as calendar and contacts server and
ical4j-connector to add, edit and delete events and tasks, all working fine
except when ical4j-connector try to update any events we get the following
error in server :-

<if-match/>Existing resource ETag of <<"3f8af0f459061ac1a015501466f5cb1d">>
does not match <<"*">>

Does davical not accept * in if-match and if there is any fix to solve this
please let us know.

--

We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

Thanks and Regards

Piyush Joshi
Solution Architect
Re: Event Update Issue [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2016-06-21 at 19:20 +0530, Piyush Joshi wrote:
> Hi,
>       We are using davical as calendar and contacts server and
> ical4j-connector to add, edit and delete events and tasks, all
> working fine except when ical4j-connector try to update any events we
> get the following error in server :-
>
> <if-match/>Existing resource ETag of
> <<"3f8af0f459061ac1a015501466f5cb1d">> does not match <<"*">>
>
> Does davical not accept * in if-match and if there is any fix to
> solve this please let us know.

Hi Piyush,

Can you please send the full request & response headers for this?

The code in question is here:

https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/blob/master/inc/CalDAVReques
t.php

Look for "function CheckEtagMatch".

The code looks kind of pedantic about following the specification for
this, so if you are able to send a tcpdump of the actual communication
it would be helpful to identify exactly what circumstances tickle the
problem.

Consider creating a gitlab issue to track it.  I do note that not every
method calls $request->CheckEtagMatch() but PUT is one of the ones that
does.

Thanks,
Andrew.

Re: Event Update Issue [ In reply to ]
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply Andrew, I am attaching Wireshark dump so that you can better analyse the request/response.

Please check and let us know what going wrong from your valuable time.

Re: Event Update Issue [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2016-06-22 at 11:35 +0530, Piyush Joshi wrote:
> Hi,
>       Thanks for the quick reply Andrew, I am attaching Wireshark
> dump so that you can better analyse the request/response.

Hi Piyush,

Unfortunately the wireshark dump as received did not include the error
you mentioned.  Also, you should consider the account used to be
compromised, since the dump included the account password.

If you are using Wireshark, you can use the "Follow TCP Stream" option
to dump the communications into a plain ASCII file, obscure or remove
the "Authorization" lines and send that - hopefully we can narrow it
down to the exact request / response.

Thanks,
Andrew.

> Please check and let us know what going wrong from your valuable
> time.

https://google.com/+AndrewMcMillan                     Dublin, Ireland
                                                    +353 (87) 372 7098

The goal of good engineering is not to ask "what if?", but to ask
"how do I make this work as well as possible".  -- Linus Torvalds

Re: Event Update Issue [ In reply to ]
Hi,
Please find the attached log file as per mail, hope this will help you to understand easily.