Mailing List Archive

invite to external addresses (version 1.1.1.4)
Hello,
couple users using my calendar server request ability to sent out
invitation to external addresses using Thunderbird + Calendar Lightning.
The "Notify attendees" checkbox is gray out, any ideas? here is the
ical.fqdn.com on /etc/davical/

I found this on the archive but did not helped me:
http://sourceforge.net/p/davical/mailman/davical-general/thread/51E6B2DB.2040606@viste-family.net/

<?php
$c->admin_email = 'itadmin@domain.com';
$c->pg_connect[] = 'dbname=davical user=davical_app port=5432';

$c->authenticate_hook['call'] = 'LDAP_check';
$c->do_not_sync_from_ldap = array( 'admin' => true);
$c->enable_auto_schedule = 'false';
$c->authenticate_hook['config'] = array(
'host' => 'ldap.fqdn.com', //host name of your LDAP Server,
use URI notation for LDAP over SSL on port 636
'port' => '389', //port
'bindDN' => 'cn=calman,dc=fqdn,dc=com', //DN to
bind request to this server (if required)
'passDN' => 'password', //Password of request bind
'baseDNUsers' => 'ou=users,dc=fqdn,dc=com', //where
to look for valid user
'filterUsers' => '(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson))',
//filtermustvalidateuseraccording to R$
'baseDNGroups' => 'ou=groups,dc=fqdn,dc=com', //where
to look for groups
'filterGroups' => 'objectClass=posixGroup', //filter
with same rules as filterUsers, could also be groupOfUniqueNames
'protocolVersion' => 3, // important for simple auth
(no sasl)
'mapping_field' => array(
'username' => 'uid',
'updated' => 'modifyTimestamp',
'fullname' => 'cn', // "Common Name"
'user_no' => 'uidNumber', // "Common Name"
'email' => 'mail',
),
'group_mapping_field' => array(
'username' => 'cn',
'updated' => 'modifyTimestamp',
'fullname' => 'cn' ,
'members' =>'memberUid'
), // end
'default_value' => array(
'date_format_type' => 'E',
'locale' => 'en_EN'
),
'format_updated'=> array(
'Y' => array(0,4),
'm' => array(4,2),
'd' => array(6,2),
'H' => array(8,2),
'M' => array(10,2),
'S' => array(12,2)
), // map LDAP "modifyTimestamp" field to SQL
"updated" field
'scope' => 'subtree', // Search scope to use,
defaults to subtree (BOTH, user and group mappings)
);

include('drivers_ldap.php');

// Save local admin user from being deleted
Re: invite to external addresses (version 1.1.1.4) [ In reply to ]
Just set $c->enable_auto_schedule = false;

Then a mail client will have to send all invites instead of handling
this via Davical.

Re: invite to external addresses (version 1.1.1.4) [ In reply to ]
Thanks, It worked for me!
also, I had to enable couple of features on Thunderbird

calendar.itip.updateInvitationForNewAttendeesOnly;true
calendar.itip.compatSendMode;1

This option was not working on the servers because I had with quotation:

$c->enable_auto_schedule = 'false';

it worked once I changed it to :

$c->enable_auto_schedule = false;

Thank you very much!