Mailing List Archive

Davical returning OK/2xx even when due to a database lock it's not inserting in database
Hi all!!

Running here 1.1.4.. but still seeing this behaviour seen in 1.1.2 and
supposedly should have been fixed (by what release notes say) in 1.1.3.
It seems not to be a big issue.. but...
shouldn't Davical return a 4xx?. Or... retry internally for returning an
OK till has been properly written in database?.

I refer to errors like this in the error log and 2xx answers to those
vcard PUTs :

SQL error "25P02" - ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block"
[Sun Jan 24 19:33:40.069523 2016] [:error] [pid 31924] [client
192.148.167.11:8121] davical: LOG:
caldav.php/xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx/addresses/4a1ee4bd-71bb-4cbe-a501-4e91dbd1db64.vcf:
Query: QF: INSERT INTO addressbook_resource ( dav_id, version, uid,
nickname, fn, n, note, org, url, fburl, caladruri, caluri ) VALUES(
:dav_id, :version, :uid, :nickname, :fn, :name, :note, :org, :url,
:fburl, :caladruri, :caluri )

Best regards,

--

sarenet
*Egoitz Aurrekoetxea*

Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.
Re: Davical returning OK/2xx even when due to a database lock it's not inserting in database [ In reply to ]
Hi Egoitz,

> Running here 1.1.4.. but still seeing this behaviour seen in 1.1.2 and
> supposedly should have been fixed (by what release notes say) in 1.1.3. It
> seems not to be a big issue.. but...
> shouldn't Davical return a 4xx?. Or... retry internally for returning an OK
> till has been properly written in database?.

that fix was not actually one that caused DAViCal to return 4xx on any
database error, but one that fixed the cause of a particular instance of
such database errors. I'm not sure something like that can easily be
implemented for the general case.

> I refer to errors like this in the error log and 2xx answers to those vcard
> PUTs :
>
> SQL error "25P02" - ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
> until end of transaction block"
> [Sun Jan 24 19:33:40.069523 2016] [:error] [pid 31924] [client
> 192.148.167.11:8121] davical: LOG: caldav.php/xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx/addresses/4a1ee4bd-71bb-4cbe-a501-4e91dbd1db64.vcf:
> Query: QF: INSERT INTO addressbook_resource ( dav_id, version, uid,
> nickname, fn, n, note, org, url, fburl, caladruri, caluri ) VALUES( :dav_id,
> :version, :uid, :nickname, :fn, :name, :note, :org, :url, :fburl,
> :caladruri, :caluri )

SQL error 25P02 is what Postgres says _after_ an actual error that is
not properly handled. Do you see anything else in the log? Are you able
to reproduce the issue, can you turn on some debug logging (e.g.
$c->dbg['querystring'] and $c->dbg['print_query_errors']) and file a gitlab
ticket with the details, or provide us with a file that we can use to
recreate the error locally?

Florian

Re: Davical returning OK/2xx even when due to a database lock it's not inserting in database [ In reply to ]
Hi Florian!

Have reproduced the issue...

Just is needed a Davical 1.1.2 or 1.1.4, with a Thunderbird, Sogo
connector directly downloaded from
http://www.sogo.nu/files/downloads/SOGo/Thunderbird/sogo-connector-31.0.2.xpi
without applying any patch for performing synchronous behaviour... If I
apply this changes :

/* PARCHE SARENET*/
if (method == "PUT")
{
this.synchronous = true;
}

if (method == "DELETE")
{
this.synchronous = true;
}
/* PARCHE SARENET*/

from lines 208 to 218 in chrome/content/inverse-library/sogoWebDAV.js
file in the plugin the commented error is not reproduced in Davical.

But when wanting to reproduce it, just install stock sogo-connector from
the web, and perform an initial upload of several contacts. You will end
up by seeing the
following in the error log :

- Have configured Davical with $c->dbg["ALL"] = 1;

And the attachment content is seen for example... which shows the issue...

Hope you could help me...
Best regards,