Mailing List Archive

Community support meeting: Thursday 21 January at 19:00 UTC
This is to remind you that the next community support meeting will be
held on Thursday, 21 January at 19:00 UTC (a little less than 24 hours
from now) on the #davical IRC channel on irc.oftc.net. More details are
at http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php/Community_Support

Hope many of you can make it!

-Jim

Re: Community support meeting: Thursday 21 January at 19:00 UTC [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 11:21:43AM -0800, Jim Fenton wrote:
> This is to remind you that the next community support meeting will be
> held on Thursday, 21 January at 19:00 UTC (a little less than 24 hours
> from now) on the #davical IRC channel on irc.oftc.net. More details are
> at http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php/Community_Support
>
> Hope many of you can make it!

unfortunately, I won't be able to join you tonight (or not until a few
hours in), but I had a number of ideas for things to discuss that I
wanted to share:

- wiki.debian.org as primary name instead of / in addition to
davical.dhits.nl

- the category pages seem to be missing on the wiki (e.g.
http://davical.dhits.nl/index.php/Road_Map reads like there should
be a longish list on the bottom?), and there was
an issue with files?

- how do we do translations, what steps are done during the run-up
to a release, what is done when building a Debian package and what
needs to be done when someone installs from git or a gitlab
tarball? rebuild-translations.sh probably needs to be split up.

- I'd like to see the API doc for both AWL and DAViCal published on an
"official" web server somewhere, so it can be indexed by search
engines and easily used by developers (and we'd have an incentive to
improve the docs). Like the website, it would mean regularly syncing
docs/api/* from the repos to the web space.
Also, the API doc hasn't been re-generated in four years and phpdoc
doesn't seem to be available in Debian any more, however php-apigen
claims to be the successor. I haven't looked into this much yet and
input from anyone with real-world experience would be valuable here,
but just so we have something to look at I uploaded the current
phpdoc as well as what php-apigen gives me to
https://userpage.fu-berlin.de/fschlich/davical/

- more generally, in order to prepare for our meetings, I was
wondering if we should collect points for discussion during the
weeks before the meeting, e.g. in gobby?

Florian