Mailing List Archive

help test the DAViCal 1.1.4 release candidate
Hello DAViCal community,

during a community support meeting on IRC in October we agreed that we
should release DAViCal 1.1.4 "soon" in order to to make the accumulated
bug fixes more widely available. We've had several bug-squashing
sessions since and I think it is now time to do the release.

To this end, I have prepared "release candidate" .deb packages of the
current git master branch, which I've uploaded to
https://people.debian.org/~fsfs/ in the hope that community members can
easily install and test what's going to be DAViCal 1.1.4 and awl 0.56 in
a week or so, provided no grave problems are found.

If you've installed from git or downloaded a tarball of 1.1.3.1, please
remember to run the database update, which adds some indexes for
improved performance.

For the release, it would be nice to have updated ChangeLog files,
listing the changes from the git log in considerable detail, as well as
a "Release notes" page on the wiki giving a high-level overview of
important changes and bugs fixed. If you can imaging working on that and
have a little time to spare over the next few days, please coordinate
here and don't hesitate to get to work! :-)

Have a great start into 2016!
Florian