Mailing List Archive

Set calendar-color property
Hello,

I'm trying to set the "apple" color property on some calendars and task
lists served via davical. From my reading I should be able to set the
property:
<calendar-color xmlns="
http://apple.com/ns/ical/">#FFFFFF</calendar-color>;

While testing I tried to use cadaver to set properties on the calendar.
I authenticate and can read the properties and cadaver replies with
success but changes are not reflected (running propget after propset
shows no changes). I've tried this with the new custom property
calendar-color and an existing property displayname with the same
result.

Can anyone offer any suggestion on how to set a custom property on a
calendar? The full xml I want to set should be something like:

PROPPATCH /your/calendar/url/ HTTP/1.1

<propertyupdate xmlns="DAV:">
<set>
<prop>
<calendar-color xmlns="
http://apple.com/ns/ical/">#2952A3</calendar-color>;
</prop>
</set>
</propertyupdate>

I'm new to this and not sure how to send this via wget or some command
line util. I didn't find any method to set this in the web interface
either but it's pretty specialized so not so surprising. If I figure
this out I'll try and add setting calendar color to the web interface.
I suspect I'm not the only one to want to do this. Thanks a ton for
all the work on davical. It works like a charm!
--
Trev Peterson
Advanced Reality

Re: Set calendar-color property [ In reply to ]
Hello Trev,

our users are able to synchronise the color between
Android-Devices and caldavzap/infcloud
https://www.inf-it.com/open-source/clients/infcloud/

In the database dump, this looks like:
-------------------------------------
--
-- Data for Name: property; Type: TABLE DATA; Schema: public; Owner: davical_dba
--

COPY property (dav_name, property_name, property_value, changed_on, changed_by) FROM stdin;
/USER1/home/ http://apple.com/ns/ical/:calendar-color #0E61B9 2012-04-03 14:21:39.402354 1006

postgres=# \d+ property
dav_name | text | not null | extended | |
property_name | text | not null | extended | |
property_value | text | | extended | |
changed_on | timestamp without time zone | default now() | plain | |
changed_by | integer | | plain | |

So I hope, that could help you a bit.
Other Clients where you are able to set the color I don't know. Maybe Apple Devices?
Thunderbird Lightning does it localy I think.

Sebastian

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 11:00:48AM +0800, Trev Peterson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set the "apple" color property on some calendars and task
> lists served via davical. From my reading I should be able to set the
> property:
> <calendar-color xmlns="
> http://apple.com/ns/ical/">#FFFFFF</calendar-color>;
>
> While testing I tried to use cadaver to set properties on the calendar.
> I authenticate and can read the properties and cadaver replies with
> success but changes are not reflected (running propget after propset
> shows no changes). I've tried this with the new custom property
> calendar-color and an existing property displayname with the same
> result.
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestion on how to set a custom property on a
> calendar? The full xml I want to set should be something like:
>
> PROPPATCH /your/calendar/url/ HTTP/1.1
>
> <propertyupdate xmlns="DAV:">
> <set>
> <prop>
> <calendar-color xmlns="
> http://apple.com/ns/ical/">#2952A3</calendar-color>;
> </prop>
> </set>
> </propertyupdate>
>
> I'm new to this and not sure how to send this via wget or some command
> line util. I didn't find any method to set this in the web interface
> either but it's pretty specialized so not so surprising. If I figure
> this out I'll try and add setting calendar color to the web interface.
> I suspect I'm not the only one to want to do this. Thanks a ton for
> all the work on davical. It works like a charm!
> --
> Trev Peterson
> Advanced Reality
> Email: trev@advanced-reality.com
> Phone: +1 847 406 9018

Sebastian Kotthoff
Rechenzentrum
Universität Mannheim
B6, 23-29; Building B; Room 1.10
68159 Mannheim

Tel: +49 621 181 2516
Fax: +49 621 181 2682
Re: Set calendar-color property [ In reply to ]
Thanks a ton Sebastian! Done in a few minutes with that info. I'm
going to code up something to set colors (and maybe general properties)
in the next week or two. Hopefully people find it useful and I can
give a bit back to this project. It was also clear the errors I made
when setting the properties via cadaver (yes, they were in the table).
Your info was very helpful.

FYI: Evolution (linux) and Davdroid (android) both pickup the colors.
Evolution uses it as the default when adding a new calendar but not
sure if it changes the color to that if it's changed once already
added.

I hope this helps others,