Mailing List Archive

FIX iOS Contacts trailing semicolons
Hello list,

the git repository on gitlab.com has seen two merge requests last week (#5 in the AWL, #19 in the DAViCal repository), which represent our fix for the iOS Contacts App, where certain fields of a contact would accumulate trailing semicolons or wouldn't update at all. It also fixes the more subtle problem that those fields wouldn't be copied into DAViCals "addressbook_address_adr" database table (which is used to speed up search queries).

I haven't merged the changes yet because I wanted to wait for possible feedback and experiences from whoever is interested in testing the patch.

However, if you're attempting to try it please make sure to check out both repositories and update ALL changed files, in AWL as well as DAViCal.

Have a nice evening everybody.

Paul
Re: FIX iOS Contacts trailing semicolons [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I also suffered from these annoying trailing semicolons in OS X contacts app (which was the reason to stay with 1.1.1 so far…) and appreciate these fixes. Applied them on my server and found no issues so far. At least I would like to see them merged and/or tested by others as well.

Thanks for the submission!

Thomas

Re: FIX iOS Contacts trailing semicolons [ In reply to ]
I just (finally) tried out the fix too, and it looks like I don't have
semicolon problems any more. Thanks, Paul and Clemens.

One thing I'm a little concerned about is that, since there are changes
to both DAViCal and AWL, making sure that a compatible version of AWL is
used. I haven't tried to see if anything really bad happens if the AWL
fix isn't also applied -- hope not -- but wonder if we should increment
the AWL version number and the required AWL version in DAViCal to at
least point out that AWL needs to be updated.

Thoughts?

-Jim

Re: FIX iOS Contacts trailing semicolons [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 09:31:51AM -0800, Jim Fenton wrote:
> One thing I'm a little concerned about is that, since there are changes
> to both DAViCal and AWL, making sure that a compatible version of AWL is
> used. I haven't tried to see if anything really bad happens if the AWL
> fix isn't also applied -- hope not -- but wonder if we should increment
> the AWL version number and the required AWL version in DAViCal to at
> least point out that AWL needs to be updated.

yes, we should definitely make a release for both and hence increase the
version number for awl. The only place version numbers currently seem to
be compared, though, is in setup.php and it's purely informational. So
for people not using e.g. Debian packages with enforced minimum-version
dependencies, this may well get out of sync.

BTW I may not be able to attend the IRC meeting tonight (after coming
down with a flu and missing the one a few weeks ago), but I've finally
added a tiny bit of documentation on the davical-current repository and
I look forward to start testing a 1.1.4 release candidate tomorrow? :-)

Florian