Mailing List Archive

PDO connection error
Hi,

I just migrated to a new VPS and the one hiccup I'm getting is with
Davical.

I installed davical and awl from the gitlab source and I installed
postgres from the EPEL repo. I added

local davical davical_app trust
local davical davical_dba trust

to pg_hba.conf which for the EPEL version of postgres is located in
/var/lib/pgsql/data.

I created the davical database, the davical_dba user:

postgres=# \list
List of databases
Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype |
Access privileges
-----------+-------------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------
davical | davical_dba | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
postgres | postgres | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
=c/postgres +
| | | | |
postgres=CTc/postgres
template1 | postgres | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
=c/postgres +
| | | | |
postgres=CTc/postgres
(4 rows)

Next I imported the dumped database:

psql davical < davical.pgsqldump

which created the davical_app user:

postgres=# select * from pg_user;
usename | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper | usecatupd | userepl |
passwd | valuntil | useconfig
-------------+----------+-------------+----------+-----------+---------+----------+----------+-----------
postgres | 10 | t | t | t | t |
******** | |
davical_dba | 16384 | f | f | f | f |
******** | |
davical_app | 17195 | f | f | f | f |
******** | |
(3 rows)

The only thing I can think is that the pg_hba.conf file is, for some
reason, not being read when postgres starts.

Note that for the EPEL version of postgresql, /etc/postgresql is not
being created and populated with a default configuration but since the
pg_hba.conf file is created in /var/lib/pgsql/data, I assumed, perhaps
incorrectly, that configuration files in that directory would be read on
start.

Thanks,
Ted To

Re: PDO connection error [ In reply to ]
Ted To schreef op 2015-11-09 19:47:
> Hi,
>
> I just migrated to a new VPS and the one hiccup I'm getting is with
> Davical.
>
> I installed davical and awl from the gitlab source and I installed
> postgres from the EPEL repo. I added
>
> local davical davical_app trust
> local davical davical_dba trust
>
> to pg_hba.conf which for the EPEL version of postgres is located in
> /var/lib/pgsql/data.

The above lines should not be 'added' (as in 'at the bottom'), but
should be put in the correct location of the pg_hba.conf-file (the order
matters here).

HTH,
Vincent

> I created the davical database, the davical_dba user:
>
> postgres=# \list
> List of databases
> Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype |
> Access privileges
> -----------+-------------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------
> davical | davical_dba | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
> postgres | postgres | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
> template0 | postgres | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
> =c/postgres +
> | | | | |
> postgres=CTc/postgres
> template1 | postgres | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
> =c/postgres +
> | | | | |
> postgres=CTc/postgres
> (4 rows)
>
> Next I imported the dumped database:
>
> psql davical < davical.pgsqldump
>
> which created the davical_app user:
>
> postgres=# select * from pg_user;
> usename | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper | usecatupd | userepl
> |
> passwd | valuntil | useconfig
> -------------+----------+-------------+----------+-----------+---------+----------+----------+-----------
> postgres | 10 | t | t | t | t
> |
> ******** | |
> davical_dba | 16384 | f | f | f | f
> |
> ******** | |
> davical_app | 17195 | f | f | f | f
> |
> ******** | |
> (3 rows)
>
> The only thing I can think is that the pg_hba.conf file is, for some
> reason, not being read when postgres starts.
>
> Note that for the EPEL version of postgresql, /etc/postgresql is not
> being created and populated with a default configuration but since the
> pg_hba.conf file is created in /var/lib/pgsql/data, I assumed, perhaps
> incorrectly, that configuration files in that directory would be read
> on
> start.
>
> Thanks,
> Ted To

> Presto, an open source distributed SQL query engine for big data,
> initially
> developed by Facebook, enables you to easily query your data on Hadoop
> in a
> more interactive manner. Teradata is also now providing full enterprise
> support for Presto. Download a free open source copy now.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=250295911&iu=/4140

Vincent Van Houtte
Advocaat
Advocatenkantoor Suy, Van Baeveghem & Van Houtte
Brusselsestraat 108
9200 Dendermonde
T 052 52 06 05
T 052 77 90 05
F 052 52 06 46
W http://synergylaw.be

Re: PDO connection error [ In reply to ]
Many thanks! Moving these lines above the line:

local all all peer

did the trick! All appears to be well now.