I have problems of CATEGORIES lost (a "group" in roundcube language)
when updating from roundcube extension rcmcarddav to davical.
I do not know where to seach.
1- Is this this kind of prblem known ?
2- how to enable some trace to check the problem in davical ?

I think this kind of problem may exist too when importing a vcard file,
but it may be my mistake.
Please note that I am using nginx

Re: CardDAV CATEGORIES lost when updating from rcmcarddav to davical [ In reply to ]
Good morning,

Neither categories or groups are officially supported by the CardDAV RFC. The only possibility for grouping contacts rfc accordingly
is to create different address books…

Regards,

Re: CardDAV CATEGORIES lost when updating from rcmcarddav to davical [ In reply to ]
Hi Egoitz,

"grouping" is not specified in CardDAV RFC, however it is specified in vCard 4.0 RFC,
more precisely:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6350#section-6.6.5 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6350#section-6.6.5>

The CATEGORIES attribute is also supported in vCard 3.0 RFC and it is often abused for creating groups,
even if it is a basic vCard attribute => there is no special requirement for server support.

So the answer for the original question is: the problem is NOT related to DAViCal, it MUST be related
to Roundcube extension.

JM