Mailing List Archive

Thunderbird / Lightning and Free/Busy together with DAViCal
Hi everybody,

I try to user my DAViCal-Server together with Thunderbird / Lightning.

Currently it's not very usable :-(

Sometimes it doesn't display existing calendar entries (but if you add a new
one it'll be shown) and when you close an reopen Thunderbird it redisplays
everything.
But that's not what I wanted to talk...

I try to use the Free/Busy functionality - but it doesn't show any information
in the invitations dialog :-(
And I can't find out why...

I use an LDAP addressbook for the local people and it properly finds them when
I enter a person's name in the dialog.
But it doesn't matter which person I add, it only shows "no Information" as
Free-/Busy-information.
Even for myself only "no information" is shown...

Now I tried to switch on the logging on the DAViCal server to see, what's
going on.
But: NOTHIHNG happens there when I open the invitations dialog.

So it seems that Lightning doesn't even ask DAViCal for the freebusy
information...
Does anybody know any reason for this?
How does Lightning know which server to ask for freebusy information when I
enter a person's name?

When I use the DAViCal-Freebusy-Weblink
(https://mycalserver/caldav/freebusy.php/Name/) for a user, I get back an ICS
file...

I use Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 and Lightning 0.9 - I also tried Inverse's version
0.9.6 - no behaviour change.

Any ideas?

with regards,
Matthias
HELPING HEADS for Hard- and Software
Fuer Ihre Projekte entwickeln wir massgeschneiderte Loesungen - schnell,
flexibel und direkt vor Ort. Unser eingespieltes Team an erfahrenen Hard-
und Software-Spezialisten unterstuetzt Sie dort, wo Sie uns brauchen.

SysDesign GmbH
Saentisstrasse 25
D-88079 Kressbronn am Bodensee

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Franz Kleiner