Mailing List Archive

Thunderbird / Lightning and Free/Busy together with DAViCal
Hi,

For logging/debugging Sunbird/Lightning you may want to look at:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:QA_CalDAV_Support#Diagnosis_hints

"To narrow possible causes of CalDAV problems in small calendars, (1)
set both preferences calendar.debug.log and calendar.debug.log.verbose
to true, and (2) click right on calendar in the Calendars pane to reload
it. (Set pref via Options / General / Config editor, right click New /
Boolean to add it.)

The xml CalDAV messages will be shown in the error console (and in the
startup command line shell) with verbose logging."

Regards,
Ruud

Thunderbird / Lightning and Free/Busy together with DAViCal [ In reply to ]
Mohr, Matthias wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I try to user my DAViCal-Server together with Thunderbird / Lightning.
>
> Currently it's not very usable :-(
>
> Sometimes it doesn't display existing calendar entries (but if you add a new
> one it'll be shown) and when you close an reopen Thunderbird it redisplays
> everything.
> But that's not what I wanted to talk...
>

> I try to use the Free/Busy functionality - but it doesn't show any information
> in the invitations dialog :-(
> And I can't find out why...
>
> I use an LDAP addressbook for the local people and it properly finds them when
> I enter a person's name in the dialog.
> But it doesn't matter which person I add, it only shows "no Information" as
> Free-/Busy-information.
> Even for myself only "no information" is shown...
>
> Now I tried to switch on the logging on the DAViCal server to see, what's
> going on.
> But: NOTHIHNG happens there when I open the invitations dialog.
>
> So it seems that Lightning doesn't even ask DAViCal for the freebusy
> information...
> Does anybody know any reason for this?
> How does Lightning know which server to ask for freebusy information when I
> enter a person's name?
>
> When I use the DAViCal-Freebusy-Weblink
> (https://mycalserver/caldav/freebusy.php/Name/) for a user, I get back an ICS
> file...
>
> I use Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 and Lightning 0.9 - I also tried Inverse's version
> 0.9.6 - no behaviour change.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> with regards,
> Matthias

For sunbird/lightning, If you want to use them try to use the 1.0-pre version (more speed & stability)
For ligthning this implies the use of TB3

--

Bruno Friedmann
Thunderbird / Lightning and Free/Busy together with DAViCal [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 09:26 +0200, Matthias Mohr wrote:
> BTW,
>
> Lightning looks for "calendar-schedule" OPTION and also for "calendar-auto-schedule".
>
> DAViCal provides "calendar-schedule" - but I wonder what the "auto-schedule" is...
> Andrew, do you know that?

Yep, I know it. DAViCal doesn't support auto-schedule yet, which is
where the server can be told to accept no-conflicting meeting requests
(+/- bits of the spec that I haven't read yet :-)

I'm getting to it...

Cheers,
Andrew.

Change your thoughts and you change your world.