Mailing List Archive

Incorrect RPM packages for DAViCal 1.1.1 (was: iCal/iPad stopped working with davical 1.1.1)
Hi Frank,

It looks like the RPM packages for DAViCal got built during my
pre-release process and then never got rebuilt during the actual
release.

I've updated the packages on my site now with packages built from the
released version of 1.1.1. I've also made sure the version number is
incremented slightly for these, so the package is at:

http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.1.1-2.noarch.rpm

The AWL package is fine - only the DAViCal package itself is missing
some final changes.

Thanks for your help in working out what this problem was.

Regards,
Andrew McMillan.

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 00:50 +0200, Frank O. Martin wrote:
> Am 26.07.12 22:12, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> > Hi Frank,
> >
> > This looks like a bug that was fixed late in the release process after I
> > generated some pre-release packages of DAViCal 1.1.1 which we tested
> > against iOS5 & iOS6. Are you sure you're using the final released
> > versions?
> >
> > What OS/distribution are you using, and where did you get the packages
> > from?
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> The environment is:
> - CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
> - Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
> - PHP/5.3.3
> - PostgreSQL 8.4.12
>
> I did the following steps to update my system on July 13:
>
> cd /usr/local/src
> wget
> http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
> wget http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/awl/libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
>
> rpm -Uvh libawl-php-0.53-1.noarch.rpm
> rpm -Uvh davical-1.1.1-1.noarch.rpm
>

> On my test environment (same specs) I downloaded the latest files on
> July 21 - so I guess these should be the final release files.
>
> How can I check if the bug is present in my installation? And please
> don't hesitate to request further debug files if this helps.

%DCL-MEM-BAD, bad memory
VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears