Mailing List Archive

Problem when use conserver to control Redhat 7
Hi,

I have some questions about the conserver. I tried to use the console program to control two machines. One is redhat 6.2 and another is redhat 7. I added two lines in /etc/lilo.conf of those two machines:

serial=0,9600n8
append"console=ttyS0"

and added a line in /etc/inittab:

se:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS0 DT9600 vt100

But when I reboot these two machines and I am monitoring these two machines through the console program. I found that the machine of redhat 6.2 allow me to get control after "LILO:" appeared and the machine of redhat 7 doesn't allow me to input when "LILO:" appeared. Do anyone know the reason? After the machines booted up, I found that I can't use root account to login the console through the console program. I can only use other non-root account to login. Do anyone know the reason? Please help. Thanks a lot.

Kaming.