Any help, sugestions appreciated.

Alfredo Cabrera
Just another guy.
Re: lost carrier [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 04:03:38PM -0500, Alfredo Cabrera wrote:
> But every time I loose the connections, conserver comes back saying
> lost carrier on test1 (1001).

So, are you saying that after a while the connection is dropped and
you get the "lost carrier" message (which might imply a timeout on the
pm2e) or are you saying that while you're interacting with a console you
get the message (which might imply a conserver bug) or are you saying
that when you disconnect from a console it triggers a "lost carrier"
(which is a vaguely familiar message - similar to another user I think)?

If you could lay out the exact sequences of events, and under what
condition they occur, that would help. I haven't had a chance to
configure conserver with a pm2e (yet), so that bit I'm unfamiliar with.
Oh, and what version of conserver are you using?

Bryan
Re: lost carrier [ In reply to ]
I traced a bit the code, and found out that on Linux there is
no native pseudo-tty libs available in linux so it's using
the fallback handler for tty's. I installed the software on a
solaris box and voila, it this a beautiful thing or what ?

Alfredo Cabrera