Mailing List Archive

commented lines *not* being ignored in cf files
Hello,
I'm running conserver-8.2.2 on a Linux server. I have a number of
'.cf' files which define the configuration for devices in different
parts of the network. My config files are auto-generated, which
occasionally results in commented entries being generated for some
hosts, and then another un-commented entry further down in the same
file for the same host. The man page states that any line that starts
with a '#' symbol (minus the quotes) is treated as a comment, and
ignored. However, I'm seeing evidence that its not being ignored at
all, as I keep getting errors complaining about 'overridden'
definitions:

[Tue Mar 5 16:35:09 2019] conserver (3117): ERROR: console definition
for `c118.sjc002.fill' overridden
[/apps/nco-conserver/etc/config/fill.sjc002.cf:164]

In /apps/nco-conserver/etc/config/fill.sjc002.cf this host has the
following references (each on a separate line):

# console c118.sjc002.fill { type ipmi; master
127.0.0.1; host 0; }
console c118.sjc002.fill { type ipmi; master
127.0.0.1; host 2.80.130.185; }

Am I misunderstanding how comments should work?

thanks
Re: commented lines *not* being ignored in cf files [ In reply to ]
The comments should work as you expect. Is there a chance you’re doing a “#include” multiple times in your configs? Or maybe that console name is occurring in multiple config files? (perhaps you already hunted for that)

I have test files and seen many instances where comments were working fine. Hopefully hunting for "c118.sjc002” across your config files or even “fill.sjc002” will illuminate things.

Bryan

Re: commented lines *not* being ignored in cf files [ In reply to ]
Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your reply. I think you might have nailed it. I do have
the same config file with an #include multiple times:

#include /apps/nco-conserver/etc/config/fill.sjc002.cf
#include /apps/nco-conserver/etc/config/fill.sjc002.cf

Thanks for the pointer, that makes sense.