Has anyone been able to successfully trigger SysRq or equivalent
using a break sequence for consoles of type IPMI?

Cheers

Re: IPMI SOL and break [ In reply to ]
On 07 March, 2018 - Fabien Wernli via users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone been able to successfully trigger SysRq or equivalent
> using a break sequence for consoles of type IPMI?

My configuration is older than the ipmi support in conserver, so we just
exec into ipmitool.

For exec ipmitool consoles, you can send a break like:

break 4 { string "\r\d~\dB"; }

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin
Re: Re: IPMI SOL and break [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 04:40:08PM +0100, Conserver Users's Mailing List wrote:
> break 4 { string "\r\d~\dB"; }

yes, we used to do that too, but now conserver is linked to freeipmi.
The default break sequence of freeipmi's console executable doesn't work (&)

Re: IPMI SOL and break [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 01:31:28AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> Hi, I'm reading on gmane and the list is read-only there so I can't
> quickly reply, so sending off-list:
>
> conserver's default "break 0" (\z) works for me on "type ipmi" consoles.
>
> If it works for you could you post this back to the list for the archives
> please? Thanks.

Thanks Stuart, it works indeed!