Assume an embedded board is connected a console of the conserver and
someone works on it, but forgets to turn it off. If there is no activity
on the console for, say 1 hour, I would like to
*) send a message/warning and
*) run a script to turn off the power of the board. (I do have a script,
which can turn on/off my embedded boards)

Regards,

Robert
Re: conserver monitor activity [ In reply to ]
On 01/14/2013 06:18 AM, Robert Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to monitor activity on certain
> consoles and do something in case there is no activity for a certain
> amount of time.
>
> Assume an embedded board is connected a console of the conserver and
> someone works on it, but forgets to turn it off. If there is no activity
> on the console for, say 1 hour, I would like to
> *) send a message/warning and
> *) run a script to turn off the power of the board. (I do have a script,
> which can turn on/off my embedded boards)

Not in conserver.

I did this buy using tip instead of conserver's serial feature. I have
my own version of tip and I added code to it that allowed me to specify
on the command line the number of seconds to send a SNMP trap if there
is no data seen on the RX line of the port. My tip also does an alarm
if it sees a loss of DCD. The device that is being monitored is wired
to tie its DTR into my DCD.

Chris