I'm a long time conserver user, and need to replace a failed Cyclades TS400.

The Moxa terminal servers were recommended to me by a colleague (who
does not use it with conserver). I'm wondering if anybody has
experience using them with conserver? I'll likely get the 6150 or
6250, since I only need a single port.

I was also looking at the OpenGear ACM5002, if anybody wants to comment on that.

Thanks!
-Joe
Re: Moxa NPort 6150/6250 [ In reply to ]
I've used the ACM5002, and I LOVE IT ! It's sturdy, versatile, and some
models can support local monitoring of contact closures and etc. (I've got
5002s at the office, and a 5004 at home. :-)

I've used an older MOXA (2510, see
http://www.conserver.com/consoles/BREAK-off/breakinfo.html ), but I don't
know how transferable that info may be for the newer units.

Best regards,

-Z-

--
ConsoleTeam - Support and training services for Conserver users.
www.conserver.com/consoles/
Re: Moxa NPort 6150/6250 [ In reply to ]
On 11/17/11 21:22, Joe Digilio wrote:
> Hi all-
> I'm a long time conserver user, and need to replace a failed Cyclades TS400.
>
> The Moxa terminal servers were recommended to me by a colleague (who
> does not use it with conserver). I'm wondering if anybody has
> experience using them with conserver? I'll likely get the 6150 or
> 6250, since I only need a single port.
We have bigger Moxas (16 port ones) and they work fine with Conserver.
> I was also looking at the OpenGear ACM5002, if anybody wants to comment on that.
We had some Moxa failure this year and no response from support, so we
had to throw them away. On the other hand we have very good contact with
OpenGear. So it's not surprise that I would personally choose OpenGear.
Thanks,
Wawrzek

--
Wawrzyniec (Wawrzek) Niewodniczański - 01223 435603 (35603) - wawrzekn
System Administrator - Engineering Services Team (XenServer)

Re: Moxa NPort 6150/6250 [ In reply to ]
I have a patch for conserver that introduces support for Moxa RealCOM TTY including SSL support.Due to original code license (kernel module and user-space daemon), it coulnd't be commited to the conserver's mainstream. Moxa didn't permit to distribute the patch under BSD terms. Usage:console nport {
   master localhost;
   type realcom;
   host nport.somewhere.com;
   secured yes;
   portbase 950;
   portinc 16;
   port 7;
} It's tested with NP6610-32. 18.11.2011, 14:03, "Wawrzek Niewodniczanski" <wawrzek.niewodniczanski@citrix.com>:

[...]

Anton D. Kachalov
Re: Moxa NPort 6150/6250 [ In reply to ]
Thank you to everyone who responded (I received a few off-list

I'm going to give OpenGear a shot.

-Joe