Mailing List Archive

Console Variables
Is it possible to use variable substitutions/interpolations in
conserver.cf? I'm looking to shorten the numerous console definitions
I have by utilizing a default but interpolate a host name from the
command line in the default block. So in my conserver.cf file I have:

default somedefault { somestuff; ssh $consolehost; }

console consolehostA { include somedefault }

console consolehostB { include somedefault }

console consolehostZ { include somedefault }

Then on the command line I type:

console consolehostA

... and I get hostA or hostP or whichever host console I type.

Make sense?

TIA!

Ben--
Re: Console Variables [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 08:18:54AM -0400, Ben Batten wrote:
> Is it possible to use variable substitutions/interpolations in
> conserver.cf? I'm looking to shorten the numerous console definitions
> I have by utilizing a default but interpolate a host name from the
> command line in the default block. So in my conserver.cf file I have:

look for execsubst in the manpage