Mailing List Archive

conserver (2620) Error IsMe()
I can't find this anywhere in the FAQ, and google is choking on the terms 'conserve' and 'isme'. Frustration level is high...

my /etc/conserver.cf has the line master=conserver,
which is what is in the /etc/services file and well as the /etc/host file.

What am I doing wrong?

J. Norment
Main:   (512) 275-0072
Direct:  (512) 685-XXXX
Fax:     (512) 685-2091
E-mail: jnorment@Q2software.com
Web:   www.Q2software.com

Q2: Exponentially Better!

This message is intended for designated recipients only. If you have received this message in error, please delete the original and all copies and notify the sender immediately. Federal law prohibits the disclosure or other use of this information.

Re: conserver (2620) Error IsMe() [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 03:17:42PM -0500, Jae Norment wrote:
> my /etc/conserver.cf has the line master=conserver,
> which is what is in the /etc/services file and well as the /etc/host file.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

never seen this particular error message, but I think you might try adding
the conserver port number into /etc/services

Re: conserver (2620) Error IsMe() [ In reply to ]
>>On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 03:17:42PM -0500, Jae Norment wrote:
>> my /etc/conserver.cf has the line master=conserver, which is what is
>> in the /etc/services file and well as the /etc/host file.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?

> never seen this particular error message, but I think you might try
adding the conserver port number into /etc/services

conserver was already listed in services.
RE: conserver (2620) Error IsMe() [ In reply to ]
Hi Zonker. Apparently the issue here was I needed to add an entry to
the /etc/hosts file for the hostname in /etc/hostname.

J. Norment

Main: (512) 275-0072

Direct: (512) 685-XXXX
Fax: (512) 685-2091
E-mail: jnorment@Q2software.com <mailto:kwright@Q2software.com>
Web: www.Q2software.com <http://www.q2software.com/>

Q2: Exponentially Better!

This message is intended for designated recipients only. If you have
received this message in error, please delete the original and all
copies and notify the sender immediately. Federal law prohibits the
disclosure or other use of this information.

What do you see when you try to launch Conserver with debbugging
turned on? (-d, or -d -d...)