Mailing List Archive

Telnet server
I'm trying to setup conserver to act as a gateway for a number of
devices that only have telnet connectivity. What I'd like to do is
something this:

$ telnet conserver.mydomain.com

[authenticate]

Welcome to conserver.mydomain.com

1. New York
2. San Francisco
3. Chicago
4. Atlanta

Connect to session [1-4]:

Is it possible to get this kind of functionality without having to use
console as the conserver client? Or should I run a telnet server that
spawns a preset console [conserver-client] session?

Also, I noticed that when I configure a telnet session in conserver.cf
like this:

console newyork {
master localhost;
logfile /dev/null;
type exec;
exec telnet newyork.mydomain.com;
}

the telnet session is initiated as soon as conserver runs. How can I
make it establish on-demand only?

Thanks in advance!

Dylan.
Re: Telnet server [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 04:16:32PM -0600, Dylan VanHerpen wrote:
> console newyork {
> master localhost;
> logfile /dev/null;
> type exec;
> exec telnet newyork.mydomain.com;
> }

you don't need exec type there, use host instead

> the telnet session is initiated as soon as conserver runs. How can I
> make it establish on-demand only?

use ondemand option

> Thanks in advance!

thank 'man conserver.cf' instead