Mailing List Archive

down a bunch of consoles
Hi,

I browsed the documentation once again - unsuccessfully
is there a way to down a particular set of consoles?
I only found the syntax to down *all* consoles

cheers

RE: down a bunch of consoles [ In reply to ]
From the client (communicating with any individual host), you can use
[ctrl]+[e], [c], [d] to "down" that port.

Or, if you know you need to stop a bunch of consoles for a while (so
that someone can use reverse-TCP to get to those ports, maybe for using
a Sun Jumpstart-type tool), you can edit the conserver.cf file, and
simply comment out the lines associated with those ports, and then -HUP
the main Conserver process. (And you can re-enable them later by editing
the file and deleting that lead-# comment marker, and then re-HUP-ing
the main process again).

Are there other considerations you need which make either of these two
methods unworkable?

-Z-

David 'Zonker' Harris
Silicon Valley Service Delivery Center, Network Operations

Siemens IT Solutions and Services, Inc.
Infrastructure Management Services
39600 Eureka Drive
Newark, CA 94560