After entering the user name and password I go nowhere , Same happens If I
set the option to SOCKET SSH

Do we need to install any package on the SUn server too to interact with the
cyclade ?

Pleas help me on this

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Athreya VC
Re: Cyclade TS 800 Console problem [ In reply to ]
> Hi All,
> I am new to this group and also to confguring console servers.
> We have got a Cyclade TS 800 box and we want to configure that to access the
> consoles of Sun Servers and Brocade Switches.
>
> When I try to access the console of the Sun Server which is connected to
> port 1 of the cyclade
>
> here I am using the option SOCKET SERVER
>
> After entering the user name and password I go nowhere , Same happens If I
> set the option to SOCKET SSH
>
> Do we need to install any package on the SUn server too to interact with the
> cyclade ?

No, you should not have to install any package but you may have
to turn on that port on the Sun.

We keep an actual dumb terminal (and old DEC vt220) around to
debug these sorts of things, but a laptop with a serial comm
package (we use Kermit) can also work. When there are problems
like this it is my experience that it is the host usually -- so
the first step is to make sure that the host is set for serial
console and/or it has a terminal listener running on that port
so it accepts logins. I, thankfully, don't have any suns to
manage but it seems like that would look something like this:

ps -ef
root 276 1 0 Aug 02 console 0:00 /usr/lib/saf/ttymon -g -h -p dirpeople-3 console login: -T sun -d /dev/console

which you seem to get with an entry something like this in /etc/inittab

co:234:respawn:/usr/lib/saf/ttymon -g -h -p "`uname -n` console login: " -T sun -d /dev/console -l console -m ldterm,ttcompat

Hope this helps,

John
RE: Cyclade TS 800 Console problem [ In reply to ]
Hi Athreya,

So far, I think you are using the correct settings. We use
socket_server as well. (Here are some of the key parts of my
configuration.) So, it leads me to ask about your physical connection.
See my questions below the configuration.

all.protocol socket_server

all.socket_port 7001+

all.host_port 7000

all.host_idletime 30

all.mtu 1500

all.mru 1500

all.term vt100

all.lf_suppress 0

all.flow none

all.dcd 0

all.DTR_reset 100

all.socket_port 7001+

Questions;

1) Have you used the DB25 Loopback adapter to test your
connection?

(You can connect the loopback adapter to the Cyclades DB25
adapter, and

use a CAT-5 cable to connect this combination to one port on the
TS-800.

Then try your SSH...when you connect, can you see what you are
typing?

If you can, your SSH and socket_server settings are correct.)

2) Are you using the proper adapter to connect to your Sun server?

(The wiring of the Cyclades RJ45 serial port is different from the Sun
wiring.

You would need a Cyclades-to-Cisco/Sun adapter, P/N ADB0039, plugged

into the Sun and then a CAT-5 cable from the Cyclades to the adapter. It

won't work if you connect the adapter to the Cyclades, it must go to the
Sun,)

3) Finally, check the serial port settings for the STTY or GETTY
console.

(It will probably be at 9600 8-None-1, but it may be changed. Your
TS-800

is also probably set for 9600 8-N-1. It is important that they both
match.

I'm confident that you know they should match, which is why I suggest

that you confirm the settings. This will also confirm that there IS a
console

process running, which should respond when you connect to the console.)

If you can perform a successful loopback test, and your physical
connection has

the adapter in the correct place, and the serial speeds on both devices
match, you

should be able to connect. If you still have trouble, please describe
what you have

tested, and the results you have found.

Best regards,

-Z-

Re: Cyclade TS 800 Console problem [ In reply to ]
Hi All,

Thanks very much for your reply. Still I am unable to access the console via
cyclade TS 800. But we are not sure either about the status of the cabling.

We will check that and compare that with the details provided Harris and
Surely will update the status.

But sametime , thanks very much again for the reply .

best Regards,

Athreya VC