Mailing List Archive

Conserver problem
Hello all, I just joined this list, I hope this is the appropriate address
to use for troubleshooting questions, and if not, please let me know.

I have been troubleshooting a conserver/console issue for several months
now, and I'm completely stuck. I have a Redhat Linux (RHEL 4.4)
server that is hooked up to a Digi, but when I try to console to that
server, I get nothing. The logs show that I have attached to the console,
but anything I type (carriage returns, etc) are not echoed on the screen
and do not show up in the console logs. Our network team (responsible for
the physical cabling) has told me they found no problem with it, and it
used to work a few months ago. I've tried restarting the console daemon
on the console server, rebooting/resetting the digi, bouncing the dgrp
processes, rebooting all the servers, and nothing seems to work.

What indications should I look for to see if this is a physical issue, or
a software/config issue? How likely is it that the port on the digi is
bad?

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm quite desperate at this point.

Thanks,
Tim