Mailing List Archive

conserver 7.0.2 now available!
Upgrade! That's the message I want to get across to folks. I think
the 7.0.2 code is the best yet. In the past I could see folks using
the 6.X code 'cause 7.X was new, had been significantly reworked, and
hadn't been tested much. But now I don't see any reason for folks to
use the old code (if you have one, I'd love to hear about it).

Thanks to all those that submitted patches, ideas, and bug reports.
It's helped make this the best yet.

Below is the full list of changes. See http://www.conserver.com/ for
all the details.

version 7.0.2 (Jun 15, 2001):
- Bogus "ambiguous server abbreviation" with distributed server
setup fixed
- Hostname not passed with username from console client
- Fixed pseudo-terminal ('|' syntax in .cf file) bug with Solaris
and other STREAMS-based systems (actually works now in 7.X)
- Line-oriented timestamps in logfiles (see 'l' mark
specification) based on patch from Benn Oshrin
<benno@columbia.edu>
- Generalized debugging output, info messages and error messages
- Moved library search up in configure.in so function calls are
detected properly
- Permissions of install-sh were wrong
- Trimmed the README file and now distribute conserver.html
- Redhat RPM bundle (contrib/redhat-rpm) contributed by Paul
Heinlein <heinlein@measurecast.com>
- Cleaned up gcc warnings (for Solaris 7, at least)

Bryan Stansell